Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Question about the TC-80N3

epphoto
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question about the TC-80N3

Looking to get one of them
I did some search on eBay and I found lot of generic ones
You have any idea how the generic TC-80N3 really are??
They going between $20.00 -30.00 any help out there or a feedback ?
Thanks

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=TC-80N3&_sacat=See-All-Categories

May 15, 2011 at 05:07 AM
longisland.km
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question about the TC-80N3

epphoto wrote:
Looking to get one of them
I did some search on eBay and I found lot of generic ones
You have any idea how the generic TC-80N3 really are??
They going between $20.00 -30.00 any help out there or a feedback ?
Thanks

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=TC-80N3&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I picked one of these (made by Aputure) from ebay recently - the seller was link delight. It works fine.

May 15, 2011 at 05:32 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question about the TC-80N3

I have the TC-80N3, but it came with a whole photography system I bought. Its hard to use and to see the display, but it works well and is reliable. I'd give one of the lower cost clones a try before plunking down the higher price.

I'm not recommending link-delight or any specific one for that matter. I bought a Chinese wireless remote and it struggles 6 ft away from the receiver on the camera even though it was advertised as having a several hundred foot range. Buyer beware.

May 15, 2011 at 03:58 PM
reggie747
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question about the TC-80N3

I'll put another vote in for the Aputure branded option - works a treat !

May 15, 2011 at 09:47 PM
Ariel Bravy
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question about the TC-80N3

I've bought two of them. The first one started to go really wonky. It would change settings while in the middle of a shoot. As in you could sit there and watch the numbers on the LCD start to change... really messed up a number of my timelapse shoots...

A new battery seemed to fix the issue for the most part, but it would still do that occasionally.

The second one I got seemed to work alright, but I've seen it do the same thing occasionally.

Like knock-off PW's, it seems that these remotes do function for the most part, but if you really depend upon them to be reliable and functional, go for the real deal.

Just my two cents.

May 15, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JameelH
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Question about the TC-80N3

Try this. I am happy with it. While not as cheap as the ebay knock offs, it is cheaper than the Canon and has more functionality & better usability/display.

Phottix Nikos

May 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM
ViscaB
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Question about the TC-80N3

JameelH wrote:
Try this. I am happy with it. While not as cheap as the ebay knock offs, it is cheaper than the Canon and has more functionality & better usability/display.

Phottix Nikos

Looks interesting! The Canon and the knock-off versions have a design flaw. I have gone through several ones because of the weakness of the cable.

May 16, 2011 at 04:42 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Question about the TC-80N3

PM sent

May 16, 2011 at 06:56 PM
Ronan O Keeffe
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Question about the TC-80N3

Another +1 for the Aputure brand one, works great for me. Bought direct from Link Delights site rather than the ebay outlet.

May 16, 2011 at 07:27 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Question about the TC-80N3

I have had no problems with the Canon version, my only complaint(other than most of these features should be in the camera FW) is the button layout(size & location of the start button).

May 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password