Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Justin Stone's message #16386320 « Official: Sony A9 III and FE 300mm f/2.8 GM announced »

Justin Stone
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Sony A9 III and FE 300mm f/2.8 GM announced

I posted in the other thread, but this is the right one that will live on.

The first thing that jumps out at me is the pre-shooting function seems like a real game changer for wildlife. but I assume most wish it were in the A1. Wildlife Togs are going to have a hard time going from 50 mpx back to 24. Maybe the A2.

So that leads me to conclude this camera is for pj, fine portrait, events, and sports shooters. Probably video creators too (global shutter, uncropped 4k 120). But back to protrait/events/sports: the "unlimited" flash sync speed, the workflow C5 button for pumping up from 20 fps to 120 fps, the ability to view the capture bursts as videos in camera and identify and protect the frames you want. This really feels like the ultimate sideline/Olympics camera. And anyone shooting fashion (flash sync seems huge).

How much of this tech comes to the A2 will be the biggest question.

Really exciting times for Sony. But the SPRING 2024 release? Wow that's a long way away. Surprising preorders are going up 5? months in advance.

Nov 07, 2023 at 12:59 PM

Previous versions of Justin Stone's message #16386320 « Official: Sony A9 III and FE 300mm f/2.8 GM announced »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.