Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Dave Sanders's message #16077176 « Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-orders now available) »

Dave Sanders
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-order tomorrow)

leolab wrote:
What really strikes me about all of the successive A7 releases since the original is the increase in weight and size. Granted lots more tech crammed in, but the original A7 was about 250g lighter than this A7RV...something I really noticed when picking up my original A7 vs my (now gone) A7RIV.

I know the A7c exists but I can't live with that VF and flippy screen.

Part of me wishes for a simpler stills-focused Sony FF camera with a contemporaneous sensor a simple tilt screen and a nice big VF, at around that 450g point (IBIS and video free)

Before I would have gone with the oft-repeated refrain that video doesn't add much in terms of bulk and complexity...but given what is now required for processing and cooling with 4K60/120 or 8K, I'm' changing my tune a bit. I wonder what Sony could pull off with a stills focused camera without extra processing and head sinks.

It would be a niche camera, so I'm guessing sales volumes would mean it wouldn't be any cheaper, but it's a fun intellectual exercise. Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2022 at 11:59 AM

Previous versions of Dave Sanders's message #16077176 « Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-orders now available) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.