Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RoamingScott's message #16077065 « 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked »

RoamingScott
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Immortal wrote:
People who tested it already say that IBIS still in reality is good up to 3.5 stops at very best. So no real upgrade here.

Idk the lack of real progress is the big dissapointment for me.

Slow read out speed(it's like slower than RIII) at this price point is kinda meh. Thou i understand, this is how business work, can't be one camera for all.

This has always been my annoyance with Sony releases. They are extremely timid when they iterate (see R2>R5 and A9>A9ii especially).

They seem to prioritize reusing old parts where they can, and they have a tendency to frankenstein physical features leading to many one-off bodies that have a mish-mash of physical controls vs unified generation of varying abilities.

It's sort of like the A1 showing up with the dire rear LCD when it should have been standardized with the better flippy screen from the A7Siii and A74. It was such a boneheaded choice that I determined that although the A1 checked literally every other box for me, I'd never buy for that reason alone.

Sony should be lauded for adding focus stacking and bulb...however, they should have done it YEARS ago and only did just now because they are suddenly feeling pressure from the flagship of one of the big 3. It reminds of me of Sony not updating the R3 firmware to support a red AF box when there was literally no technical reason for it. They saved it as an asinine reason to upgrade to the R4.

Oct 26, 2022 at 09:33 AM
RoamingScott

Immortal wrote:
People who tested it already say that IBIS still in reality is good up to 3.5 stops at very best. So no real upgrade here.

Slow read out speed(it's like slower than RIII) at this price point is kinda meh. Thou i understand, this is how business work, can't be one camera for all.

This has always been my annoyance with Sony releases. They are extremely timid when they iterate (see R2>R5 and A9>A9ii especially).

They seem to prioritize reusing old parts where they can, and they have a tendency to frankenstein physical features leading to many one-off bodies that have a mish-mash of physical controls vs unified generation of varying abilities.

It's sort of like the A1 showing up with the dire rear LCD when it should have been standardized with the better flippy screen from the A7Siii and A74. It was such a boneheaded choice that I determined that although the A1 checked literally every other box for me, I'd never buy for that reason alone.

Sony should be lauded for adding focus stacking and bulb...however, they should have done it YEARS ago and only did just now because they are suddenly feeling pressure from the flagship of one of the big 3.

Oct 26, 2022 at 09:32 AM
RoamingScott

Immortal wrote:

Oct 26, 2022 at 09:29 AM

Previous versions of RoamingScott's message #16077065 « 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.