Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of nehemiahphoto's message #15951155 « SYOPTIC 50MM 1.1 Review »

nehemiahphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: SYOPTIC 50MM 1.1 Review

bjhurley wrote:
nehemiahphoto wrote:
And Brad, I always encourage a solid detail (or at least entertaining). Keep it up lol

Haha, well, just one more note (from another Brad) on the Zeiss Cine Supreme line: John Brawley said that while they are not the same design, the Otus line comes quite close to the Supremes in terms of image quality and rendering. So we can at least knock a bit off the cost differential. Cine lenses are always more expensive than stills lenses due to their more rigorous requirements (e.g., there should be no focus breathing, they need to be individually calibrated to T-stops, etc.), and most cinematographers rent lenses as needed rather than buying them.

Lol—the Brads! Do you know how the cine’s differ from Oti other than housing? I wonder if that optics are different or just color corrected. FWIW, I think the 100/1.4 has the most lovely draw is that 28/55/85/100/135 APO, but those type of lenses are no longer on my list.

May 24, 2022 at 01:55 PM

Previous versions of nehemiahphoto's message #15951155 « SYOPTIC 50MM 1.1 Review »