fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       759              761       …       841       842       end
  

Archive 2011 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

  
 
Jim DE
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #1 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


To the top


Feb 26, 2017 at 04:33 PM
Kingfishphoto
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.760 #2 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Arizona Renaissance Festival, 2/25/2017. Sony 16/50 OS, Sigma 60 Art and Rokkor 58MM F1.2 lenses used.
Harry Palmer





Blue lady.







Knight statue.







Unicorn horse.







Bubble lady.







Armor-Minolta 58MM F1.2 lens.




Feb 27, 2017 at 09:12 AM
tmalone893
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #3 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


a6500 shot with a Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II and a Sigma MC-11

1.
http://www.maloneactionshots.com/img/s5/v124/p2221356933-4.jpg

2.
http://www.maloneactionshots.com/img/s4/v11/p2221356940-4.jpg



Feb 27, 2017 at 04:25 PM
kape06111
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #4 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Some pics with this amzing little camera.

6500 + fe 28

Urban Views by Hans Lewinnek, en Flickr


Urban Views by Hans Lewinnek, en Flickr

6500 + Batis 85

Street Exploration by Hans Lewinnek, en Flickr



Mar 02, 2017 at 04:55 AM
Jannik Peters
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #5 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


kape06111 wrote:
Some pics with this amzing little camera.

6500 + fe 28


I have to say that I am extremely impressed by the A6500. I have used it for a week now and it feels like a completely different beast than my A7II. I will never use the A7II for any AF related action ever again.

My favorite differences:

- Metering spot coupled with AF spot
- Really customizable Auto ISO, minumum shutter speed at custom button
- Silent shutter
- Touchpad for AF with camera on the face

It's a really great and well made camera. I am probably going to trade in my GMs (They just don't handle well on that camera) for that and still thinking how my APS-C lineup will look like. The following lenses come to my mind:

- 16-70mm f/4
- 24mm f/1.8 or 28mm f/2
- Sony 50mm f/1.8 OSS or 55mm f/1.8 (How big is the AF-speed difference ?!)
- Sony FE 85mm f/1.8
- Sony 70-200mm f/4 (still not sure about that)



Mar 02, 2017 at 05:50 AM
kape06111
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #6 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Jannik Peters wrote:
I have to say that I am extremely impressed by the A6500. I have used it for a week now and it feels like a completely different beast than my A7II. I will never use the A7II for any AF related action ever again.

My favorite differences:

- Metering spot coupled with AF spot
- Really customizable Auto ISO, minumum shutter speed at custom button
- Silent shutter
- Touchpad for AF with camera on the face

It's a really great and well made camera. I am probably going to trade in my GMs (They just don't handle well on that camera) for that
...Show more →


The viewfinder is also an improvement when it comes to refresh time. In my experience there is 0 lag when you put it at 120 fps.
Really nice and powerfull little camera.

Right now i´ve the fe 28 f2.0 and the Batis 85. The batis is well balanced with the 6500, it is lighter than I expected and the results are just stunning IMHO. When i bought it, the sony version was not out, i don´t know which i would have bought, if they were both out at that time.

Next in my list are the 10-18 f4 and 55 f1.8. I will get in the future the 70-200 f4.0, but it is not a priority right now.




Mar 02, 2017 at 06:32 AM
Jannik Peters
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #7 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


How happy are you with the 2.0/28 on APS-C. I remember that it was pretty good on my A7R in the Center 20% wide open but had bad corners wide open.

I am using the 1.4/85 GM right now but I will probaby swap that one for the FE 1.8/85 because the GM is noticeably slower than the faster lenses. I just don't want to have a bottleneck here and I could use the 1.8/85 for indoor sports when the AF is as fast as I expect.

For UWA, I will still use my A7II with the Batis 18 and the CV 5.6/12. Maybe I will even switch that for an A7R(1) and the Batis 18 for the Loxia 21 because I don't want to use AF with my FF camera anyways.



Mar 02, 2017 at 07:03 AM
Mirror
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #8 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Jannik, love the size and weight of the 16-70mm f4, also the range (105mm is great) but it is really no replacement for a 24-70GM. I would also keep the 85GM, the bokeh-balls are great / no cat eye-bokeh.


Mar 02, 2017 at 07:19 AM
Jannik Peters
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #9 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Mirror wrote:
Jannik, love the size and weight of the 16-70mm f4, also the range (105mm is great) but it is really no replacement for a 24-70GM. I would also keep the 85GM, the bokeh-balls are great / no cat eye-bokeh.


The 24-70 GM is legendary to me, no question.. I can definitely keep only one of the GMs since I have promised to stop investements into my camera gear until August

I'll wait for the 16-70 and see what my sample can do. After that, I'll decide what is my next step. Still hoping for a 2.8 zoom for the APS-C cameras. It's ridiculous that it is still missing.



Mar 02, 2017 at 07:22 AM
kape06111
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #10 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Jannik Peters wrote:
How happy are you with the 2.0/28 on APS-C. I remember that it was pretty good on my A7R in the Center 20% wide open but had bad corners wide open.

I am using the 1.4/85 GM right now but I will probaby swap that one for the FE 1.8/85 because the GM is noticeably slower than the faster lenses. I just don't want to have a bottleneck here and I could use the 1.8/85 for indoor sports when the AF is as fast as I expect.

For UWA, I will still use my A7II with the Batis 18 and the
...Show more →

I have the batis 18 and the CV 15 together with the 10-18 in my list, i´m almost decide to go for UW zoom, but will take the final decision just before pulling the trigger based on some test i will be doing with the zoom.




Mar 02, 2017 at 07:56 AM
Jannik Peters
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #11 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


If you don't own a FF camera, I'd decide between the Touit 12 and the 10-18. I'd probably choose the Zeiss. The Samyang 2/12 is great for Astro but has an really odd sun star and quite weak flare performance.


Mar 02, 2017 at 07:58 AM
kape06111
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #12 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Jannik Peters wrote:
How happy are you with the 2.0/28 on APS-C. I remember that it was pretty good on my A7R in the Center 20% wide open but had bad corners wide open.

I am using the 1.4/85 GM right now but I will probaby swap that one for the FE 1.8/85 because the GM is noticeably slower than the faster lenses. I just don't want to have a bottleneck here and I could use the 1.8/85 for indoor sports when the AF is as fast as I expect.

For UWA, I will still use my A7II with the Batis 18 and the
...Show more →

No issues with the 28.



Mar 02, 2017 at 08:00 AM
MagicNikon
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #13 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


A6000 AND 55MM 1.8
https://photos.smugmug.com/Old-Car-City-Use-2017/i-GKNf4Ct/0/X3/DSC05245-HDR-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Old-Car-City-Use-2017/i-dGwBf5d/0/X3/DSC05434-Edit-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Old-Car-City-Use-2017/i-b4MCrH4/0/X3/DSC05136-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Old-Car-City-Use-2017/i-RKZnJ78/0/X3/DSC05066-HDR-Edit-X3.jpg



Mar 02, 2017 at 09:04 PM
-Marlon-
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #14 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Ushba, Caucasus Mountains by Sergey Makarov, on Flickr


Mar 03, 2017 at 03:38 PM
michealj
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #15 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Hi Sergey, is this a recent picture? I would have expected a bit more snow. Of course we are bare ground here which is unusual.


Mar 03, 2017 at 04:11 PM
Membler
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.760 #16 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Two more from the FN Platform Shoe Show in Las Vegas





A6500 and FE55 f1.8







A6500 and Zeiss 2.8/12mm Touit




Mar 05, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Peire
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.760 #17 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


NEX5N+Sony 55-210/4.5-6.3
http://www.zeissimages.com/gallery/951/U951I1489163293.SEQ.0.jpg
http://www.zeissimages.com/gallery/951/U951I1489163294.SEQ.1.jpg



Mar 12, 2017 at 03:54 AM
tmalone893
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #18 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Kayak on the Mississippi River
Kayak on the Mississippi River by Theron Malone, on Flickr



Mar 12, 2017 at 02:00 PM
aeonsim
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #19 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Nex-5 Minolta Rokkor MC 58mm F1.2


Woodland Walk by Falcdragon, on Flickr



Mar 12, 2017 at 06:14 PM
kape06111
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.760 #20 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Some urban Geometry.

Urban Views by Hans Lewinnek, en Flickr



Mar 13, 2017 at 06:39 AM
1       2       3       …       759              761       …       841       842       end




FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       759              761       …       841       842       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account