Phillip, great work! Your nature landscapes are always so sharp. I also love the feel of the bus stop with the headlight in the lower right corner. Has a very mysterious feel to it. This one is from our Engine at Station 78. Really enjoying using the Nex 6.
Thanks Freak and alan - I really do appreciate the comments, in fact its one of the main reason I post here is to try to better my photos
Coloured - a couple of minor dust spots & sharpened chroma noise in that otherwise beautiful shot? (Sorry if I seem to be pointing out flaws a lot lately - it's certainly not related to my own skill levels. I'd hope that mine would be pointed out to me if I'd missed them!)
How is this now? I have reduced the contrast a little and played with the clarity and sharpening, I lost a bit of detail, but I think it looks a bit better - is there anything else I could do here? I would really like to try to make this image perfect
Jaw-dropping stuff, as ever, Phllip. Though I am not a big fan of the bokeh in the last one. But it is mre than made up by the "you-are-there-ness" of the second one.
Are you a firefighter, photoomaha? Nice shot, too! And congrats on your new camera.
Great bird shot, Sebboh. Your ability with this lens just makes me go green with envy.
Coloured, at the expense of being the odd-one-out, I preferred the shot as it was. Yes it wasn't perfect, but, to me, it had more character than this version. Hope you aren't offended, because it is meant as a constructive compliment.
A couple from my trip to lovely Saint Malo. Incidentally, the number of fine restaurants is staggering, if one knows where to go! Summlux 50 on NEX 7 The second one shows the benefit of using a helicoid adapter (Hawk's)
philber wrote:
A couple from my trip to lovely Saint Malo. Incidentally, the number of fine restaurants is staggering, if one knows where to go! Summlux 50 on NEX 7 .....
Do I recognize a point of view from Dinard? Near the Barrage de la Rance? Anyway, St. Malo is a great place for photographers, and the way you make photographs you are an ambassador of France. Thx for sharing!
^^^^^ Yep, that's def Prague Castle lit up in the background. Plenty of awesome places there to get shots. There is a really cool cemetery there near the river that has some amazing crypts and statues. A couple of really cool bars that are actually old cellars that would make some really cool pictures but given what goes on down there (Gogo dancing) photography isn't much appreciated lol...
I have been processing more than shooting lately. Been in a monochrome sort of mood. Went out yesterday and grabbed a few. Still using my beloved 5N. First two - Nokton 40, last CV15