fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread

  
 
RichP42
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


On FB, Alex posted that the Leofoto SF-01 Replacement Foot works with the new 600 f6.3

Richard



Oct 06, 2026 at 07:38 AM
aCuria
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


bwcolor wrote:
The A7Rvi is -6ev and some report the subject identification in complicated environments might be superior to the A1ii. Of course the A1ii is capable of 120 AF samples per second vs the A7Rvi 60 samples. I’m not sure about how this relates to the A9iii, other than the EV number.


You should go read the specifications carefully. The A7RVI’s -6 ev spec cannot be compared directly to any of the other Sony cameras.

The A7RVI’s -6 ev is measured at f/1.2: Probably equivalent to -4.5ev at f/2
The A1ii’s -4 ev is measured at f/2
The A9iii’s -5 ev is measured at f/2

The A7R VI updates AF at 60 times a second, while the A1 II and A9 III update at 120 times a second.

Assuming they use the same AI co-processor, the A7RVI has twice the time budget per AF cycle, so it can run a more computationally expensive detection algorithm that takes twice as long to run.

Would be nice to have an option to run the more expensive algorithm when the subject isn’t moving on A1ii / A9iii




Oct 06, 2026 at 08:09 AM
G-FOTO.de
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


riihijan wrote:
Does anyone know if the same tripod foot fits this as the 200–600mm?
I need a better grip because of my large hands.
Do you have any recommendations?


I learned from Google that the 200-600 tripod foot does NOT fit the new 600. You need to replace it with foot fitting 300GM, 70-200GM.

I ordered the iShoot IS-THS18110II which is slightly longer than the Sony one.



Oct 06, 2026 at 08:48 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


It is not the same as the 200-600.
It is the same as the old 100-400, 300GM, 70-200/2.8 etc.

I use the Kirk and Leofoto feet for those lenses. They are basically the same design.

riihijan wrote:
Does anyone know if the same tripod foot fits this as the 200–600mm?
I need a better grip because of my large hands.
Do you have any recommendations?




Oct 06, 2026 at 08:51 AM
NOVA Joe
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


My 600mm 6.3 is due in a week so I’m also shopping for an Arca compatible replacement foot. I haven’t seen the lens yet but this seems like another alternative to consider:
https://www.hejnarphotostore.com/sony-70-200mm-gm-gmii-arca-foot-qd-p/sfr-001.htm

I like to his one because it is lower profile and has a screw in lock rather than a quick release button. This plate incorporates a QD socket:
“Integrated QD Carrying Security: This foot incorporates a built-in QD socket, providing the safest carrying method available for your gear. The QD system—trusted for decades by NASA, law enforcement, and military agencies—uses a secure push-button mechanism that specifically inhibits accidental removal. This is the ideal solution for photographers who carry their camera and lens via professional shoulder slings like the Black Rapid system, ensuring your equipment stays secure even in active environments.”

I used Hejnar plates with for my Canon 100-500mm, 600mm f/4 L lenses and my R5 II for years and they are as good as they say. At $50 it’s a good deal too.

arbitrage wrote:
It is not the same as the 200-600.
It is the same as the old 100-400, 300GM, 70-200/2.8 etc.

I use the Kirk and Leofoto feet for those lenses. They are basically the same design.















Oct 06, 2026 at 10:23 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


NOVA Joe wrote:
My 600mm 6.3 is due in a week so I’m also shopping for an Arca compatible replacement foot. I haven’t seen the lens yet but this seems like another alternative to consider:
https://www.hejnarphotostore.com/sony-70-200mm-gm-gmii-arca-foot-qd-p/sfr-001.htm

I like to his one because it is lower profile and has a screw in lock rather than a quick release button. This plate incorporates a QD socket:
“Integrated QD Carrying Security: This foot incorporates a built-in QD socket, providing the safest carrying method available for your gear. The QD system—trusted for decades by NASA, law enforcement, and military agencies—uses a secure push-button mechanism that specifically inhibits accidental
...Show more →

I like the low profile and security of the screw for that foot. But for my use it is too short. The main reason I upgrade my feet is to gain a longer foot. I've also owned many Henjar feet over the years and they are great products. I know in the past he has been willing to make a custom design so I wonder if he would make that foot with double the length if requested.



Oct 07, 2026 at 08:14 AM
NOVA Joe
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


The Hejnar SFR-003 is a replacement foot for the Sony 200-600 and looks like it might be what you are looking for:
https://www.hejnarphotostore.com/sony-200-600mm-g-arca-foot-qd-p/sfr-003.htm

arbitrage wrote:
I like the low profile and security of the screw for that foot. But for my use it is too short. The main reason I upgrade my feet is to gain a longer foot. I've also owned many Henjar feet over the years and they are great products. I know in the past he has been willing to make a custom design so I wonder if he would make that foot with double the length if requested.




Oct 07, 2026 at 08:33 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Choderboy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


No.
200-600 is different. ie, a foot for 200-600 will not fit.

NOVA Joe wrote:
The Hejnar SFR-003 is a replacement foot for the Sony 200-600 and looks like it might be what you are looking for:
https://www.hejnarphotostore.com/sony-200-600mm-g-arca-foot-qd-p/sfr-003.htm






Oct 07, 2026 at 08:47 AM
shac
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


Here's another foot for the 100-400 GM on Amazon.com
Leftfoto Lens Replacement Foot for Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5 GM OSS Lens



Oct 07, 2026 at 12:13 PM
robert614
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread




shac wrote:
Here's another foot for the 100-400 GM on Amazon.com
Leftfoto Lens Replacement Foot for Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5 GM OSS Lens


I’d be extra cautious if I were going to use the QD socket on the leftfoto. I purchased one for my 400-800 because I thought the Leofoto was a hair too tall.

I plugged my QD strap into the foot and thankfully I decided to pull on it to make sure it was secure (I often don’t). The QD connector came out with minimal force

I tried multiple times and it would not stay locked. Tried multiple connectors with the same result. Don’t know if this was a one off defect. Or something more. But I would proceed with caution

If you don’t use the QD socket, the foot is otherwise fine



Oct 07, 2026 at 01:12 PM
Jemini
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


robert614 wrote:
I’d be extra cautious if I were going to use the QD socket on the leftfoto. I purchased one for my 400-800 because I thought the Leofoto was a hair too tall.

I plugged my QD strap into the foot and thankfully I decided to pull on it to make sure it was secure (I often don’t). The QD connector came out with minimal force

I tried multiple times and it would not stay locked. Tried multiple connectors with the same result. Don’t know if this was a one off defect. Or something more. But I would proceed with caution
...Show more →

Good to know. I use Leofoto and so far didn't have any issues.

BTW, these are two tele lenses that I might skip buying extra foot. I usually buy them to carry around the setup and take ground level shots. Based on weight, I think I'll be able to use camera strap for carrying and hold the lens for ground level shots. Thoughts?

Edited on Oct 07, 2026 at 02:14 PM · View previous versions



Oct 07, 2026 at 02:01 PM
shac
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


robert614 wrote:
I’d be extra cautious if I were going to use the QD socket on the leftfoto. I purchased one for my 400-800 because I thought the Leofoto was a hair too tall.

I plugged my QD strap into the foot and thankfully I decided to pull on it to make sure it was secure (I often don’t). The QD connector came out with minimal force

I tried multiple times and it would not stay locked. Tried multiple connectors with the same result. Don’t know if this was a one off defect. Or something more. But I would proceed with caution
...Show more →

Sorry to hear this Robert

I have the Leftfoto foot on both the 300/2.8 and the 100-400 V1. I selected it over the Leophoto foot because of my experience with the Leophoto foot.

Anyway after your experience I just tried attaching the Leophoto QD conector on both lenses feet and yanked really hard on them, to try to replicate your experience. Both held 100% firm.

I can only assume that the QD socket in Leftfoto foot for the 400-800 has QC problems. Not good.



Oct 07, 2026 at 02:13 PM
robert614
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread




shac wrote:
Sorry to hear this Robert

I have the Leftfoto foot on both the 300/2.8 and the 100-400 V1. I selected it over the Leophoto foot because of my experience with the Leophoto foot.

Anyway after your experience I just tried attaching the Leophoto QD conector on both lenses feet and yanked really hard on them, to try to replicate your experience. Both held 100% firm.

I can only assume that the QD socket in Leftfoto foot for the 400-800 has QC problems. Not good.


Thanks for checking yours

Good to hear it was just my foot and not a more widespread problem

Nevertheless, I will be double checking all my QD connections before I put any weight on them 😊



Oct 07, 2026 at 03:09 PM
1              end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account