fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource
  

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

  

Budget Flash for Macro Photography (Canon R7 + EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM)

  
 
Flyer73
Online
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Budget Flash for Macro Photography (Canon R7 + EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM)


Hi everyone,

I’m a beginner in macro photography and looking for a budget flash for my Canon R7 + Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM.

I’d like to use the flash for:

* Insects in daylight
* Insects and reptiles for night macro photography
* Focus stacking, when possible

I’ve been looking at a few options:

* Godox iT32 – very compact, but I’m not sure whether it has enough power for night macro.
* Godox TT350-C – more powerful, and has TTL, but I’ve read that its recycle time may be too slow for focus stacking.
* Godox TT600 – more powerful and relatively inexpensive, but it doesn’t have TTL.

My questions are:

1. Which of these (or another budget flash) would you recommend for this type of macro photography?
2. Is the iT32 powerful enough for night macro, or would I be better off with a full-size flash?
3. How important is TTL for macro photography? As a beginner, would I actually benefit from it, or is manual flash perfectly practical?
4. For focus stacking, how important is fast recycle time? Would the TT350-C be noticeably limiting?
5. Are there any other affordable flashes or setups I should consider?

I’m mainly looking for the best balance of power, recycle time, TTL, size, and price, rather than the smallest possible setup or best in class.

Thanks!



Oct 04, 2026 at 01:48 PM







FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account