fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

  

Waterproofing Photo Backpack

  
 
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Waterproofing Photo Backpack


I'm in a difficult situation. I have over a dozen camera bags (backpacks mostly), but they tend not to be waterproof and rely on a cover. My favorite bag for the next particular venture is a ThinkTanks that has been modified. I have some covers for it, but that's not always the most practical. When it is raining substantially the cover makes sense but sometimes it is just drizzling and I am still shooting, needing to swap bodies and lenses. Over a period of time the bag absorbs the drizzling rain. Taking the cover on and off is a pain in the winds and shots may be missed. I'm already using zooms and one lens won't do everything.

I'm looking at waterpoofing sprays to put on the bag. It doesn't need to stand up to the hard rain, but possibly ongoing drizzle without the bag getting soggy. Does anyone have experience doing this for camera bags? Thanks.

EBH



Oct 01, 2026 at 07:19 PM







FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account