fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

  

Photo Restoration ?

  
 
Bsmooth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Photo Restoration ?


I am trying to do family photo restoration work. Currently doing it with Photoshop, but its long and tedious. Has anyone tried any of the AI photo services or programs that do a good job, without breaking the bank?
I was doing just my family, but now I am also doing my wifes family as well. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but its pretty tough on the eyes.
I have some tiff images from slides and some from scans on a Canoscan Lide 400.
Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks.



Sep 29, 2026 at 12:37 PM
chez
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Photo Restoration ?


What type of restoration are you doing? Scratches/dust or faded colours?


Sep 29, 2026 at 02:01 PM
redcrown
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Photo Restoration ?


It's a moving target, with Gemini, ChatGPT, and Claude leapfrogging each other monthly. The free versions of each handle most common stuff, but return only about 1024 pixel results. Then those can be upscaled OK if needed. Just grab one and try it.


Sep 29, 2026 at 02:49 PM







FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account