fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource
  

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

  

editing photos while working on the sidelines in the sun

  
 
pulper11
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · editing photos while working on the sidelines in the sun


not sure if others have faced this, but I've been placed in a situation previously and will potentially have another where I'm editing photos while sitting on the sidelines with no shade in sight. the previous time I could not even see the mouse pointer it was so bright.

if you have ideas or suggestions on how to handle this, short of finding a shaded area, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I've been looking at the shades that go around the laptop and now looking at small umbrellas to attach to my smallrig vt-20 tripod, but wondering if there is another way. I don't want to adjust the brightness of the laptop since it's been calibrated at a specific brightness, and also it wouldn't help too much.

thank you.



Sep 28, 2026 at 03:54 PM
PureMichigan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · editing photos while working on the sidelines in the sun


The Think Tank Pixel Sunscreen V2.0 works tremdously well. Tried other options but that one really hits the mark.


Sep 28, 2026 at 05:54 PM
pulper11
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · editing photos while working on the sidelines in the sun


Thanks for the tip. It looks like it is hard to find online unless through eBay for almost $200. a little more than I was hoping for and also no place that I can buy that I'm used to purchasing from where there is no problems with return.

I appreciate your info though.



Sep 28, 2026 at 06:47 PM
vbnut
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · editing photos while working on the sidelines in the sun


I searched just to see what it looked like. It appears that ThinkTank Canada (https://www.thinktankphoto.ca/product/pixel-sunscreen-v2-0/) has it available. I don't know if they will ship to the USA, though.


Sep 28, 2026 at 08:06 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

pulper11
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · editing photos while working on the sidelines in the sun


thanks for the tip. unfortunately they do not ship to the US. Only Canada.

any thoughts on using a small tripod (very small) and attaching a small umbrella to it's mount? something like this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1514529-REG/orca_or_111_small_umbrella_with.html?utm_source=chatgpt.com



Sep 29, 2026 at 08:04 AM
carl_g
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · editing photos while working on the sidelines in the sun


I cannot vouch for this place but they claim to have it available

https://pitmanphotosupply.com/shop/think-tank-pixel-sunscreen-v2/6c2483a0-c45e-012f-87bf-20cf30bab63e?variation=3633350&srsltid=AU7gw4V_aAAuyGY92NQMMxhIqun5Y4pBvYtkNJub7g7mqAtV5JZ47J_c48c

pulper11 wrote:
thanks for the tip. unfortunately they do not ship to the US. Only Canada.

any thoughts on using a small tripod (very small) and attaching a small umbrella to it's mount? something like this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1514529-REG/orca_or_111_small_umbrella_with.html?utm_source=chatgpt.com




Sep 29, 2026 at 12:24 PM
Legndz
Online
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · editing photos while working on the sidelines in the sun


I have to second the Think Tank Pixel Sunscreen. Been using it for a while and love it. Has saved me out here in the bright California sun many times.


Sep 29, 2026 at 03:58 PM







FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account