I went to the state park late yesterday afternoon and holy cow were the Wood Storks everywhere. I've seen them there before but, they were always in the far off distance. I took bunches of images but ended up with very few keepers. Those guys were very challenging! These are about as good as I was able to get.
Thanks for looking.
Joe
NIKON D4S400.0 mm f/2.8 lens400mmf/4.01/8000s400 ISO-0.3 EV
NIKON D4S400.0 mm f/2.8 lens400mmf/4.01/8000s280 ISO-0.3 EV
NIKON D4S400.0 mm f/2.8 lens400mmf/4.01/8000s450 ISO-0.3 EV
NIKON D4S400.0 mm f/2.8 lens400mmf/5.01/8000s900 ISO-0.3 EV
I like the first Joe yet the second captures the beautiful iridescent colors of the Wood Stalk with a very nice background. That's a beauty and my pick
morris wrote:
I like the first Joe yet the second captures the beautiful iridescent colors of the Wood Stalk with a very nice background. That's a beauty and my pick
Morris
Thank you so much Morris. Those colors actually surprised me when I was going through the images on the PC. I didn't really notice them through the viewfinder.
johnohio wrote:
Great set Joe. First two are outstanding !!
John
Thank you very much John. I was super depressed going through the images last night. Probably shot two hundred frames to end up with maybe ten that were decent. I gotta work on my technique. Glad to have gotten something though. 😁
One of those 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' birds
On my bucket list, a very cool bird with a ton of character and you caught it all! #2 is really showing off the makeup of this creature. I too like #1!
The headless wonder of #3 is pretty cool Seeing three in formation is icing on the series!
Karl Witt wrote:
One of those 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' birds
On my bucket list, a very cool bird with a ton of character and you caught it all! #2 is really showing off the makeup of this creature. I too like #1!
The headless wonder of #3 is pretty cool Seeing three in formation is icing on the series!
Karl
Thank you so much Karl. I was shocked to see them so close when I arrived. Much appreciated.