fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

  

Wood Stork Palooza

  
 
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Wood Stork Palooza


I went to the state park late yesterday afternoon and holy cow were the Wood Storks everywhere. I've seen them there before but, they were always in the far off distance. I took bunches of images but ended up with very few keepers. Those guys were very challenging! These are about as good as I was able to get.

Thanks for looking.

Joe




  NIKON D4S    400.0 mm f/2.8 lens    400mm    f/4.0    1/8000s    400 ISO    -0.3 EV  






  NIKON D4S    400.0 mm f/2.8 lens    400mm    f/4.0    1/8000s    280 ISO    -0.3 EV  






  NIKON D4S    400.0 mm f/2.8 lens    400mm    f/4.0    1/8000s    450 ISO    -0.3 EV  






  NIKON D4S    400.0 mm f/2.8 lens    400mm    f/5.0    1/8000s    900 ISO    -0.3 EV  




Sep 28, 2026 at 10:06 AM
morris
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Wood Stork Palooza


I like the first Joe yet the second captures the beautiful iridescent colors of the Wood Stalk with a very nice background. That's a beauty and my pick

Morris



Sep 28, 2026 at 10:19 AM
johnohio
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Wood Stork Palooza


Great set Joe. First two are outstanding !!

John



Sep 28, 2026 at 10:30 AM
Ed Porter
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Wood Stork Palooza


A well done set of a subject I have never laid eyes on in the wild. #1 is my favorite of the bunch. Good work!


Sep 28, 2026 at 11:45 AM
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Wood Stork Palooza




morris wrote:
I like the first Joe yet the second captures the beautiful iridescent colors of the Wood Stalk with a very nice background. That's a beauty and my pick

Morris


Thank you so much Morris. Those colors actually surprised me when I was going through the images on the PC. I didn't really notice them through the viewfinder.



Sep 28, 2026 at 12:44 PM
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Wood Stork Palooza




johnohio wrote:
Great set Joe. First two are outstanding !!

John


Thank you very much John. I was super depressed going through the images last night. Probably shot two hundred frames to end up with maybe ten that were decent. I gotta work on my technique. Glad to have gotten something though. 😁



Sep 28, 2026 at 12:48 PM
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Wood Stork Palooza




Ed Porter wrote:
A well done set of a subject I have never laid eyes on in the wild. #1 is my favorite of the bunch. Good work!


I really appreciate that Ed. It was just crazy how many of them had come in close. Must have been fifty or more at one point. 😁



Sep 28, 2026 at 12:50 PM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Wood Stork Palooza


One of those 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' birds

On my bucket list, a very cool bird with a ton of character and you caught it all! #2 is really showing off the makeup of this creature. I too like #1!
The headless wonder of #3 is pretty cool Seeing three in formation is icing on the series!

Karl



Sep 28, 2026 at 07:16 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

MorrieC
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Wood Stork Palooza


Great photos. The heads on these birds and the wing colors are amazing. Thanks for sharing.



Sep 28, 2026 at 08:07 PM
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Wood Stork Palooza




Karl Witt wrote:
One of those 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' birds

On my bucket list, a very cool bird with a ton of character and you caught it all! #2 is really showing off the makeup of this creature. I too like #1!
The headless wonder of #3 is pretty cool Seeing three in formation is icing on the series!

Karl


Thank you so much Karl. I was shocked to see them so close when I arrived. Much appreciated.



Sep 29, 2026 at 06:42 AM
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Wood Stork Palooza




MorrieC wrote:
Great photos. The heads on these birds and the wing colors are amazing. Thanks for sharing.


Thank you Morrie! I agree about the wing colors. Very cool to see.



Sep 29, 2026 at 06:44 AM
douter
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Wood Stork Palooza


Great captures, Joe!
Douglas



Sep 29, 2026 at 06:56 AM
Ted ellis
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Wood Stork Palooza


Nice series Joe.


Sep 29, 2026 at 07:22 AM
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Wood Stork Palooza




douter wrote:
Great captures, Joe!
Douglas


Thank you Douglas!



Sep 29, 2026 at 04:11 PM
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Wood Stork Palooza




Ted ellis wrote:
Nice series Joe.


Really appreciate it Ted.



Sep 29, 2026 at 04:12 PM







FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account