p.1 #1 · Potential new Hasselblad lenses revealed in latest firmware: XCD 65e and 135v
Seeing some rumors on the Hasselblad subreddit regarding two new lenses in the latest firmware for the X series:
I have to admit the 65e might be an instant buy for me. I absolutely loved the 55mm F1.7 on Fuji and was willing to bear the weight of it. The 135v is probably going to be great but not an everyday focal length for me. What do you think? I could see a lot of people dumping 55v's for the 65...
p.1 #3 · Potential new Hasselblad lenses revealed in latest firmware: XCD 65e and 135v
fjablo wrote:
If these are accurate than it is a 65E not a 65V. And being f/1.3ish equivalent it will be big and heavy compared to the 55V.
You are right typo on my end. I would expect it to be similar in size/weight to the Fuji 55 F1.7 at 780g. It would also be their first prime lens in the E series.
p.1 #7 · Potential new Hasselblad lenses revealed in latest firmware: XCD 65e and 135v
SlowDriver wrote:
I wonder whether the 135V will come with a 1.7 teleconverter as the old 135 does.
And if so, whether the rumored long zoom is still in the plans.
The 65E is unlikely to be walkaround lens in my opinion...
If there is a long range zoom it doesn't appear to be coming in the near future. I wonder if consistently positioning the camera as a lifestyle camera and less as a professional tool has changed their roadmap at all. The market for a long range zoom would be smaller among the youtube crowd I would imagine.
As for the 65e I think by nature of the aperture it will be big but I'm optimistic it will be in the range of the Fujijj 55 which for my money wasn't terrible with weight/balance on the GFX. I don't need it to be as light as a V series lens but if it's pushing 1000+ g it would give me pause, but my other big hope is that it carries forward the V design language with the focus clutch etc.
Whatever the size/weight I still expect it to be hugely popular if the IQ is there. It feels like a common complaint of digital MF is not being able to get quite the same level DoF on standard focal length lenses. The Fuji 55mm 1.7 sort of answers that bell and then some. It's a lens I had hoped would find an equivalent in Hasselblad so it definitely has me excited. Maybe I should start a YouTube channel and see if I can get one to review (^.~)
p.1 #9 · Potential new Hasselblad lenses revealed in latest firmware: XCD 65e and 135v
SlowDriver wrote:
I wonder whether the 135V will come with a 1.7 teleconverter as the old 135 does.
And if so, whether the rumored long zoom is still in the plans.
The 65E is unlikely to be walkaround lens in my opinion...
Well, according to the top slide it’s at least compatible with a 1.7x. Makes a 240mm f4.5.
Both are interesting. Personally I prefer the 55mm focal length and I’d rather a zoom at the long end. But if the 65 is close to the Fujifilm 55 and they can shave weight off the 135 it could be doable. A lighter fast focusing 135 would be more useful to me than the 90V. Maybe why it’s an E instead of a V.
p.1 #10 · Potential new Hasselblad lenses revealed in latest firmware: XCD 65e and 135v
So I guess the 135's not getting any smaller than the existing 135, being faster and all. I won't whine. It's not like it's torturous to carry, and certainly not to use. Still, next time I hope they aim a little wider (125?) and a lot slower (f/4 or slower) and smaller.
p.1 #11 · Potential new Hasselblad lenses revealed in latest firmware: XCD 65e and 135v
freaklikeme wrote:
So I guess the 135's not getting any smaller than the existing 135, being faster and all. I won't whine. It's not like it's torturous to carry, and certainly not to use. Still, next time I hope they aim a little wider (125?) and a lot slower (f/4 or slower) and smaller.
Personally think it will end up pretty close to the 90v. Otherwise they'd market it as an E model like the 65. Somebody better at math and lens theory could probably give us the theoretical dimensions if they stick with 72mm.