tomandmarj wrote:
funny, Jack.
your temple is only about 20-30 minutes from my posted lake! I may have to lug the camera up to your temple!
take care, tom
Black and white shows well for this.
The serene scene belies the high school parties we had there in the 60's and early 70's. I live nearby and driving by it rekindles those good memories.
Quicksetter1 wrote:
Black and white shows well for this.
The serene scene belies the high school parties we had there in the 60's and early 70's. I live nearby and driving by it rekindles those good memories.
Oh man, now you triggered some of my memories of that area. I grew up in Palo Alto in the 60's through the mid 70's, so I'm old enough to remember the older, sister saloon to the Pioneer, the Hitching Post -- and it was pretty much just an old town bar with a real hitch post out front to tie your horse to. It was situated "out in the sticks" somewhere along Canada road between this water tower and Woodside proper.
Jack, I don't recall the "Hitchrack" saloon, but maybe you are referring to the Peanut Farm which was on Canada Rd, about a mile north of the Pioneer. It did have a hitching post.
Quicksetter1 wrote:
Jack, I don't recall the "Hitchrack" saloon, but maybe you are referring to the Peanut Farm which was on Canada Rd, about a mile north of the Pioneer. It did have a hitching post.
Oh, indeed you are correct, it was the Peanut Farm I was thinking of.
But, there were 3 total. The Hitch Rack got torn down when 280 was being built. I had to Google it though: The Hitch Rack was a historic cowboy and trucker bar located along Cañada Road in Woodside, California, which closed and was eventually sold off prior to regional freeway expansions.