p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Leica 35mm Summicron 8 element, recent service from DAG. Made in Germany - 3000$
Leica 35mm Summicron 8 element, recent service from DAG. Made in Germany
Price: $3,000.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Hi,
I have a Leica 35mm Summicron 8 element, that is made in Germany. This recently had a service from DAG a few months ago so it has a clean bill of health. The lens produces amazing images and is in great condition for it's age. No haze/fungus whatsoever. No trades, price is net and includes shipping with CONUS. Comes with original rear cap and front cap, although the rear cap doesn't sit on very well.
CLA receipt 5/2026. Price is net to me including shipping within CONUS
p.1 #3 · Withdrawn: Leica 35mm Summicron 8 element, recent service from DAG. Made in Germany - 3000$
sharshabeel wrote:
One of the pictures show Leitz Canada. The barrel shows Made in Germany. Any idea why the discrepancy?
Ya I found this a bit confusing too, I talked to someone at Leica and they mentioned that the front assembly may have been replaced during servicing with a Canadian part, while the barrel, focusing elements were made in Germany. Hope this helps!
p.1 #4 · Withdrawn: Leica 35mm Summicron 8 element, recent service from DAG. Made in Germany - 3000$
wujohnny10 wrote:
Ya I found this a bit confusing too, I talked to someone at Leica and they mentioned that the front assembly may have been replaced during servicing with a Canadian part, while the barrel, focusing elements were made in Germany. Hope this helps!
p.1 #7 · Withdrawn: Leica 35mm Summicron 8 element, recent service from DAG. Made in Germany - 3000$
weatherproof wrote:
I once came across a 35mm Summilux pre-ASPH v2 with this same discrepancy: lens ring said Leitz Canada, but the barrel was made in Germany.
Considering how easy it is to swap out the lens ring, I assumed it was errantly swapped.