There is a site called the Phoblographer that recommends, Full Frame Insurance they love to talk of their journalistic integrity. I called this insurance company and was informed they do not cover for car break ins. I did not go with them. I went with RVNA as they are recommended by ASMP but the Hartford has the best coverage but twice the money. Make sure your insurance covers car brake ins!!
PS I informed thePhoblographer of this problem and they do nothing not even a response To this problem.
Hill & Usher's Photography Package Choice is underwritten by The Hartford. They'll cover theft or any kind of "Mysterious Disappearance" as they define it. Meaning a vehicle does not need to show signs of forced entry.
When quoted directly The Hartford's price was double for the exact same policy.
davidsee wrote:
There is a site called the Phoblographer that recommends, Full Frame Insurance they love to talk of their journalistic integrity. I called this insurance company and was informed they do not cover for car break ins. I did not go with them. I went with RVNA as they are recommended by ASMP but the Hartford has the best coverage but twice the money. Make sure your insurance covers car brake ins!!
PS I informed thePhoblographer of this problem and they do nothing not even a response To this problem.
What folks want, if they go through a regular insurance agent, is “inland marine coverage.” Strange name, I know.
We got our insurance through NANPA, which has a decent arrangement. Costly compared to the (questionable) homeowners policy coverage, but the best way to go.
There is no "best way to go", use what makes sense for your specific needs.
I use https://www.rvnuccio.com/specialty-insurance-products/photographer-insurance/. Policy is very straightforward, agents are knowledgeable and professional, and I'm happy with the price I'm paying for the amount of coverage I have. Luckily I've never had a need to file a claim, so I can't offer anything in that regard.
I should note that Fireman's Fund Insurance Company (Allianz) is the insurer.