fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       8              end
  
Did you preorder the 600mm f6.3 or 400mm f4.5?
Yes. I preordered the 600mm f6.3 GM
Yes. I preordered the 400mm f4.5 GM
Still on the fence. Would like to see more reviews and samples before deciding
No. Not interested or doesn’t make sense for my current lineup

600mm f6.3/400mm f4.5 preorder poll

  
 
nhsonyshooter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #1 · 600mm f6.3/400mm f4.5 preorder poll


shadow9d9 wrote:
There is a reason that more people ordered it and the pools here are the same. Most won't use 400 for landscape and will find 560 just the beginning for their needs.


Yes there is. But it has nothing to do with being more versatile. Most people can't afford or don't want to carry a heavy F4 600. So makes sense the size, weight, and cost make the new 600mm an attractive option. But again, not as versatile as the 400 though. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Just one can clearly be used in more situations than the other.



Oct 06, 2026 at 03:13 PM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #2 · 600mm f6.3/400mm f4.5 preorder poll


Most useful is the 200-600 range, but we are hoping the 600/6.3 will have better IQ. If it is as bad with a 1.4x as the 200-600 then I'm a quandry.

400mm is covered by various lenses including both the the 100-400s, 400/2.8, 200-600, and 400-800.
I'm sure they will sell some 600/4 w/TC whenever but could be a few years yet. I would be reluctant to buy the 600/4 as surely a new one will be announce a few weeks later.

EBH



Oct 06, 2026 at 03:44 PM
1       2       3       …       8              end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       8              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account