fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       6              end
  
Did you preorder the 600mm f6.3 or 400mm f4.5?
Yes. I preordered the 600mm f6.3 GM
Yes. I preordered the 400mm f4.5 GM
Still on the fence. Would like to see more reviews and samples before deciding
No. Not interested or doesn’t make sense for my current lineup

600mm f6.3/400mm f4.5 preorder poll

  
 
aCuria
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · 600mm f6.3/400mm f4.5 preorder poll




Douglas L wrote:
I have been following the conversations. I have gone back and forth how I could use the 600 f6.3.

I sold me 600 f4 GM few months ago because I use my 300 GM+2C TC so much. Its 2 meters MFD is great for photographing hummingbirds in my garden. I know f5.6 is merely 1/3 of a stop brighter than f6.3, but the background would be a hair smoother and the ISO a lit lower.

The new 600 f6.3 is about one pound lighter and 1'" shorter than the 300 GM+2X TC. It's wonderful but one pound lighter and 1" shorter
...Show more →

300GM still has the best MFD



Oct 02, 2026 at 01:07 PM
1       2       3       …       6              end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       6              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account