fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       33              end
  

New Lenses?

  
 
duncangr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.34 #1 · New Lenses?


old-gregg wrote:
I'm sensing blood in the water now. Go and learn how comptuters work, because you're starting to drop meaningless shit out of context and without understanding. Shared memory (or any other memory) has absolutely nothing to do with chip's internal bandwidth. And even if it had, shared memory does not remove the need for a memory controller.

What I acknowledge is that my "best guess" is orders of magnitude more accurate than your delusions regarding computer architecture. Get your ducks in a row. From now on you're only allowed to ask me questions.

Dismissed.


It's been my day job for the past 35+ years and continues to be but ok, you keep guessing, after all it's a free world !



Sep 30, 2026 at 09:55 PM
seaSharp
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.34 #2 · New Lenses?


pdog109 wrote:
I've read that the Sony 600f4 had terrible OSS. I never noticed as such though, and I only hand hold. I could spot birds fine even hand holding the beast. The lens firmware got updated in 2026 to improve the OSS, don't know if it made a difference though, since I sold my 600f4 by then. And yes i've also read that OSS is not good with 300 and 2x TC but I almost exclusively shoot with that combo too and don't notice OSS as being "bad". So in any case, i think if its horrible, Sony would fix it
...Show more →

Interesting! Comparing that combo to my 200-600, the main thing that struck me about the 300+2x was how much better the stabilization was (FWIW that was on an A7R6). So I probably just need to be patient and reserve judgment until I can actually test the thing:-)




Oct 01, 2026 at 12:58 AM
Alpunto
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.34 #3 · New Lenses?


New Samyang zoom is coming.

rumors suggest it will weight 854 grams

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/samyang-28-135mm-f-2-8-fe-is-coming-in-february/



Oct 01, 2026 at 05:51 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

CPWarner
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.34 #4 · New Lenses?


Jack Flesher wrote:
Link? All I see from him is the 600 by itself.





Oct 01, 2026 at 09:37 AM
Jack Flesher
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.34 #5 · New Lenses?


CPWarner wrote:



Thank you! 🙏



Oct 01, 2026 at 10:36 AM
G-FOTO.de
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.34 #6 · New Lenses?


I got my 600mm already a few days ago but I was travelling the whole week. Today I unboxed it and yes this supertele GM feels completely unreal. It feels almost too light. But overall its perfectly made into my hands.
Unfortunately I only arrived at home when sun was going down and I ended up with quite long SS and high ISO. But even at 1/80 I got sharp images with my not so good IBIS camera A1M1. With a modern body even better results should be possible.



Using the APS-C mode of the A1M1 still gives crisp 22MP images, which then represent 900mm FOV.





Tomorrow I will hopefully have some time and good light to catch some more pics at longer distances and the TC14 and TC20.



Oct 02, 2026 at 05:34 PM
1       2       3       …       33              end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       33              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account