fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

  

What are your preferred settings and workflow for film scanning?

  
 
theiconla
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · What are your preferred settings and workflow for film scanning?


I have been experimenting with different approaches to film scanning and have noticed that the final result can vary quite a bit depending on the scanner, resolution, film type, and software settings.

For those who regularly scan 35mm or medium format film, what workflow has given you the best results?

I am particularly interested in:

Preferred scanning resolution
TIFF vs JPEG for final files
Color correction and dust removal
Scanning negatives at home vs using a professional lab
How you handle sharpening after scanning
Any settings that work particularly well for color or black and white film

I would be interested to hear what other photographers here are using and whether you have noticed a major difference between home scanning and professional film scanning.



Sep 01, 2026 at 07:51 AM







FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account