There is nothing like wandering around Manhattan with a camera. I have been returning to my home town pretty regularly over the past couple of years. But, my two children who lived in New York have both moved away so such opportunities may be more rare moving forward. I still hope to get back at least once a year. If for nothing more than the chocolate shops.
NIKON D610Tamron SP 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD (F012) lens35mmf/5.61/25s400 ISO0.0 EV
NIKON D610Tamron SP 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD (F012) lens35mmf/4.01/15s400 ISO0.0 EV
NIKON D61014.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens14mmf/8.01/40s1600 ISO0.0 EV
NIKON D61014.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens18mmf/8.01/1s100 ISO0.0 EV
NIKON D61014.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens14mmf/5.61/30s1600 ISO0.0 EV
Pixel 9 ProPixel 9 Pro back camera 6.9mm f/1.7 lens7mmf/1.71/30s286 ISO0.0 EV
Some great shots of the Grand Central station and the subway. Hard to tell the difference between the cellphone picture and the ones taken by Nikon D610
lazlo36 wrote:
Some great shots of the Grand Central station and the subway. Hard to tell the difference between the cellphone picture and the ones taken by Nikon D610
Thanks so much! I appreciate the positives. Yes, the Pixel can hold its own at times. It helps a lot to shoot raw and jpeg and save the dng for processing later on the computer. Coincidentally, the phone decided to shoot at the exact same shutter speed as I choose with my D610 in that similar Grand Central image.
Glad you enjoyed the photos! They were a joy to take.
---------------------------------------------
RustyBug wrote:
Always an interesting venue.
You got that right! I tend to visit Grand Central Station when I am in NYC. It doesn't hurt that the Tartinery Cafe in the lower level has a fantastic yogurt parfait.
---------------------------------------------
bnfotografie wrote:
Very nice series. I think a bit less contrast would reveal some detail in the shadows.
Brent
Thanks! That is always something to be considered in almost any black and white I process. Sometimes I will do a few versions of the same scene with a key variable being the level of contrast. I can definitely see lowering the contrast in the first. I first uploaded the color version by accident and that has a more realistic level of contrast. I actually prefer it to the bw but this was not the place to post it! Thanks for the feedback.