fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

NYC Train Stations

  
 
Brev00
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · NYC Train Stations


There is nothing like wandering around Manhattan with a camera. I have been returning to my home town pretty regularly over the past couple of years. But, my two children who lived in New York have both moved away so such opportunities may be more rare moving forward. I still hope to get back at least once a year. If for nothing more than the chocolate shops.






  NIKON D610    Tamron SP 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD (F012) lens    35mm    f/5.6    1/25s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D610    Tamron SP 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD (F012) lens    35mm    f/4.0    1/15s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D610    14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens    14mm    f/8.0    1/40s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D610    14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens    18mm    f/8.0    1/1s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D610    14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens    14mm    f/5.6    1/30s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Pixel 9 Pro    Pixel 9 Pro back camera 6.9mm f/1.7 lens    7mm    f/1.7    1/30s    286 ISO    0.0 EV  




Aug 07, 2026 at 01:13 PM
lazlo36
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · NYC Train Stations


Some great shots of the Grand Central station and the subway. Hard to tell the difference between the cellphone picture and the ones taken by Nikon D610


Aug 07, 2026 at 01:20 PM
Brev00
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · NYC Train Stations


lazlo36 wrote:
Some great shots of the Grand Central station and the subway. Hard to tell the difference between the cellphone picture and the ones taken by Nikon D610


Thanks so much! I appreciate the positives. Yes, the Pixel can hold its own at times. It helps a lot to shoot raw and jpeg and save the dng for processing later on the computer. Coincidentally, the phone decided to shoot at the exact same shutter speed as I choose with my D610 in that similar Grand Central image.



Aug 08, 2026 at 04:32 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · NYC Train Stations


Great set, a treat to view.

Bob



Aug 08, 2026 at 05:01 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · NYC Train Stations


Always an interesting venue.


Aug 10, 2026 at 06:37 AM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · NYC Train Stations


Very nice series. I think a bit less contrast would reveal some detail in the shadows.
Brent



Aug 10, 2026 at 07:10 AM
Brev00
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · NYC Train Stations


Bob Jarman wrote:
Great set, a treat to view.

Bob


Glad you enjoyed the photos! They were a joy to take.

---------------------------------------------

RustyBug wrote:
Always an interesting venue.


You got that right! I tend to visit Grand Central Station when I am in NYC. It doesn't hurt that the Tartinery Cafe in the lower level has a fantastic yogurt parfait.

---------------------------------------------

bnfotografie wrote:
Very nice series. I think a bit less contrast would reveal some detail in the shadows.
Brent


Thanks! That is always something to be considered in almost any black and white I process. Sometimes I will do a few versions of the same scene with a key variable being the level of contrast. I can definitely see lowering the contrast in the first. I first uploaded the color version by accident and that has a more realistic level of contrast. I actually prefer it to the bw but this was not the place to post it! Thanks for the feedback.




Aug 10, 2026 at 06:23 PM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account