fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Indianapolis Union Station

  
 
gnagel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Indianapolis Union Station


Earlier this week I visited downtown Indianapolis. Here are some pictures that I captured from its historic Union Station.

1- The Grand Hall


2- Staircase to trains


3- Decorative concrete ventilation block in the Grand Hall


4- Stained glass window in Grand Hall


5- Union Station bar


6- Stairway to trains


7- Staircase to trains


Thanks for looking...
Glenn



Aug 01, 2026 at 01:38 PM
photonoclast
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Indianapolis Union Station


excellent set


Aug 01, 2026 at 04:46 PM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Indianapolis Union Station




photonoclast wrote:
excellent set


Exactly the words I was going to use.
Brent



Aug 01, 2026 at 05:04 PM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Indianapolis Union Station


Superb. How did you manage to be there when no other people were around?
Brent



Aug 01, 2026 at 05:06 PM
gnagel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Indianapolis Union Station


photonoclast wrote:
excellent set


Thank you!

Glenn



Aug 01, 2026 at 07:21 PM
gnagel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Indianapolis Union Station


bnfotografie wrote:
Exactly the words I was going to use.
Brent

Thanks Brent

Glenn



Aug 01, 2026 at 07:22 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

gnagel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Indianapolis Union Station


bnfotografie wrote:
Superb. How did you manage to be there when no other people were around?
Brent


Thank you...some trains still operate out of Union Station. But the areas pictured here are no longer used for passenger rail. The Grand Hall is now used for events, hotel space and offices. I was staying at a hotel that was just a couple of blocks from Union Station. As I would walk by the building I would test the doors to see if they were open. Often times the doors were locked, but I was able to enter a few times during my time in Indianapolis. One time they were getting the Grand Hall ready for what appeared to be a wedding--and all the people are positioned below the bottom of frame #1. Another time they were preparing the Grand Hall for the GenCon convention...and that's when I was able to photograph the bar. One other time I had the place to myself...and that's when I captured most of the detailed shots and staircase images.

Glenn



Aug 01, 2026 at 07:23 PM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Indianapolis Union Station


Your perseverance definitely paid off. Well done!
Brent



Aug 02, 2026 at 07:42 AM
douter
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Indianapolis Union Station


Equally attractive in black and white, Glenn!
Douglas



Aug 02, 2026 at 08:42 AM
gnagel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Indianapolis Union Station


bnfotografie wrote:
Your perseverance definitely paid off. Well done!
Brent

Thanks Brent

Glenn



Aug 02, 2026 at 11:28 AM
gnagel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Indianapolis Union Station


douter wrote:
Equally attractive in black and white, Glenn!
Douglas


Thanks again, Douglas

Glenn



Aug 02, 2026 at 11:28 AM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account