fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

  

Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?

  
 
Al Trujillo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


Does anyone know a dealer in the U.S. who carries Wotancraft?

B&H doesn't list them in their website. I can order one direct but the current state of tariff's and global shipping disruptions is making things just a little bit harder.

So, looking for a dealer who might have them in stock here in 'Merica.

Al

Update: Wotancraft replied and they only sell direct from their website. And so far there are no price increases due to policies outside their control.



Jul 26, 2026 at 09:54 PM
zugzwang2
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


If you are concerned about possible tariff-related fluctuations in the price that you might pay for imported Wotancraft bags, you might try mukama dot com. The prices that they list include all shipping-related fees including the tariff. I suspect that the price would be similar to what you would pay directly to Wotancraft when the additional charges are added in.

I purchased two Wotancraft bags from mukama recently, and it was fine. They respond promptly to emails, and shipping to California took about two days. FWIW, I really like the Pilot 7L bag.



Aug 03, 2026 at 12:04 PM
Al Trujillo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


zugzwang2 wrote:
If you are concerned about possible tariff-related fluctuations in the price that you might pay for imported Wotancraft bags, you might try mukama dot com. The prices that they list include all shipping-related fees including the tariff. I suspect that the price would be similar to what you would pay directly to Wotancraft when the additional charges are added in.

I purchased two Wotancraft bags from mukama recently, and it was fine. They respond promptly to emails, and shipping to California took about two days. FWIW, I really like the Pilot 7L bag.


Thanks! Soon after posting my question, staff at Wotancraft sent me a message that they don't have a US dealer. I ordered the Pilot 3.5L direct and was surprised by how quick it got here. I'm using it to carry a medium sized pair of binoculars and like it quite a bit. I may order the Pilot 7L in the future for a smaller camera kit.

Al



Aug 30, 2026 at 11:12 AM
MikeEvangelist
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


Al Trujillo wrote:
I ordered the Pilot 3.5L direct and was surprised by how quick it got here. I'm using it to carry a medium sized pair of binoculars and like it quite a bit. I may order the Pilot 7L in the future for a smaller camera kit.


I have both a 7L and 10L. Great bags.



Aug 30, 2026 at 12:26 PM
nyc_jt
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


I ordered a bag from Wotancraft back in June and it was delivered promptly with no issues.
Until today...I just rceieved a Department of Homeland Security invoice from Fedex for $62.83 to cover import duties. Otherwise known as Tariffs.
That's a hefty surcharge on a $160 purchase,. The SCOTUS declared the tariffs illegal on February 26th 2026 so I'm not sure to proceed. I realize the legal situation is murky.
The bag is nice but it's not a $220 bag, I will not be buying any more items from Wotancraft unless there is an official US-based importer that removes this risk to the consumer. I advise others to do the same.



Sep 26, 2026 at 01:51 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

MikeEvangelist
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


nyc_jt wrote:
I ordered a bag from Wotancraft back in June and it was delivered promptly with no issues.
Until today...I just rceieved a Department of Homeland Security invoice from Fedex for $62.83 to cover import duties. Otherwise known as Tariffs.
That's a hefty surcharge on a $160 purchase,. The SCOTUS declared the tariffs illegal on February 26th 2026 so I'm not sure to proceed. I realize the legal situation is murky.
The bag is nice but it's not a $220 bag, I will not be buying any more items from Wotancraft unless there is an official US-based importer that removes this risk to the
...Show more →

I had the same thing happen on a bag I ordered from them last fall. The FedEx tariff bill came much later, the same week that the tariffs were declared illegal, so I'm holding off on paying it. I figure they'll send another invoice if they decide it's actually due.



Sep 26, 2026 at 05:48 PM
nyc_jt
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


I had also ordered two additional items from Wotancraft that I now expect to receive a Tariff charge for.
It's a 40% surcharge, a tax imposed on the US consumer
Wotancraft products are truly excellent, and this situtaion is not their fault. Neither is it the fault of Fedex.
Even if Wotancraft finds an American distributor the products will still be subject to Tariffs, their short term outlook for US exports is bleak.
Their products are made in Taiwan, a US ally,



Sep 26, 2026 at 08:15 PM
John Straus
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


Maybe we can post Wotancraft Bags US Tariff surcharge so we can keep track... I see it's still 40%. I pad that last year as well. It's a big shock to get that bill in the mail...


Sep 27, 2026 at 11:54 AM
nyc_jt
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Wotancraft Bag Dealers in U.S.?


I just received another demand from FedEx for a Department Of Homeland Security tariff charge. This is for a different order than the one I first mentioned. I expect to receive two more of these tax charges.

It appears FedEx is being reimbursed for these charges by the Federal Government, following the SCOTUS ruling that the tariffs are illegal. FedEx promises to reimburse individual consumers for these charges.

Will update this channel if this actually happens.



Sep 28, 2026 at 09:55 PM







FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account