fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Withdrawn: Minolta CLE

  
 
Bruce Marriner
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Minolta CLE


     Minolta CLE

Withdrawn


Price: $0.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean


I'm looking for a Minolta CLE. Ideally one in pretty minty shape but one that is functional and maybe a bit dusty in the viewfinder and just needs a CLA but is priced accordingly

I'd love one with the Rokkor 40f2 lens, but I'm open to body only or other era appropriate lenses.




Jul 25, 2026 at 10:06 PM
Desmolicious
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Withdrawn: Minolta CLE


Just a heads up - I had two in near perfect condition and they both developed electrical gremlins.
Exposure meter leds bouncing up and down the scale, shutter lock ups.
It seems to be very common now w these old electronic cameras.

From an old post of mine:

Dave Easterwood repaired my CLE which had a jammed shutter (electronics) that no-one else would touch.
Their excuse was 'no spare parts".
Dave took everything apart and cleaned all the connectors etc. What happens with these cameras is decades of oxidation/corrosion takes its toll.

And my CLE looked like new when it happened! Just because it looks like new on the outside..
Anyway, it was a few years ago but give him a shot:

http://www.davescamera.net/contact.html

Only downside is he took a lot longer than he said it would take.



Jul 29, 2026 at 02:42 PM
Bruce Marriner
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Withdrawn: Minolta CLE


Desmolicious wrote:
Just a heads up - I had two in near perfect condition and they both developed electrical gremlins.
Exposure meter leds bouncing up and down the scale, shutter lock ups.
It seems to be very common now w these old electronic cameras.

From an old post of mine:

Dave Easterwood repaired my CLE which had a jammed shutter (electronics) that no-one else would touch.
Their excuse was 'no spare parts".
Dave took everything apart and cleaned all the connectors etc. What happens with these cameras is decades of oxidation/corrosion takes its toll.

And my CLE looked like new when it happened! Just because it looks like new
...Show more →

Thanks for the heads up. That's sad to hear, it looked like it would be a fun little camera to use.




Jul 29, 2026 at 02:56 PM
Desmolicious
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Withdrawn: Minolta CLE


Bruce Marriner wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. That's sad to hear, it looked like it would be a fun little camera to use.



They are really fun cameras, but age and electronics tend not to mix well.
You could get lucky, but I was 0 for 2 on perfect condition ones and thought you should know.



Jul 29, 2026 at 04:41 PM
Bruce Marriner
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Withdrawn: Minolta CLE


Desmolicious wrote:
They are really fun cameras, but age and electronics tend not to mix well.
You could get lucky, but I was 0 for 2 on perfect condition ones and thought you should know.



Thanks, I appreciate it. For the price of the ones I've seen, I'd rather not have it just die on me.





Jul 29, 2026 at 04:45 PM







FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account