I am lucky to live in an area of artists. Professional musicians, now and from way back, session musicians,only past now, Patsy Cline, painters, old structures restorers, 3 major battlefields(Monacacy, Antietam, Gettysburg)..
I sponsored a "Photographer's Barnstormers Tour" for many years and some storied FM members attended...The painters grew tired of us photographer's spoiling their "canvas". That's ok.....
Most from years ago...
Dan
Too many barns here, are being allowed to waste away. I was once a part of a team that sought to record the beauty of area Van Wert County barns. But somehow along the way, the goal dissipated and I didn't have the contacts to take it over.
Douglas
douter wrote:
Too many barns here, are being allowed to waste away. I was once a part of a team that sought to record the beauty of area Van Wert County barns. But somehow along the way, the goal dissipated and I didn't have the contacts to take it over.
Douglas
It is near the same here Douglas.....Preservation does NOT provide "tax revenue" for the local govt. So they die!
A beautiful run down relic from when I was a lad, 1963, on this road was bulldozed into oblivion 2 weeks ago.!
It was a huge loss to me.! It had handmade man-made stone water cisterns on the property. Was a feed, grain, farm supply dual structure property.
Dan
lives across from the "dinner bell". This bell is the original bell from 1897..It called the farmer in from his "chores" in the fields. In Maryland and South, they were called "hoot and hollar" lines!!