fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Alpine Wildflowers

  
 
adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Alpine Wildflowers


A few recent images from Colorado's high country during peak alpine wildflower season. The flowers were spectacular, and the evening light made for a memorable hike. Thanks for taking a look.




  ILCE-7CR    FE 300mm F2.8 GM OSS lens    300mm    f/11.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    ZEISS Batis 1.8/85 lens    85mm    f/11.0    1/80s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    ZEISS Batis 1.8/85 lens    85mm    f/11.0    1/200s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    Voigtlander COLOR-SKOPAR 21mm F3.5 Aspherical lens    21mm    f/13.0    1/160s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 300mm F2.8 GM OSS lens    300mm    f/4.5    1/200s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    ZEISS Batis 1.8/85 lens    85mm    f/3.2    1/500s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 300mm F2.8 GM OSS lens    300mm    f/3.5    1/50s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 35mm F2.8 ZA lens    35mm    f/3.5    1/50s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 300mm F2.8 GM OSS lens    300mm    f/11.0    1/100s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    ZEISS Batis 1.8/85 lens    85mm    f/4.5    1/50s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 300mm F2.8 GM OSS lens    300mm    f/11.0    1/160s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 300mm F2.8 GM OSS lens    300mm    f/3.5    1/50s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jul 21, 2026 at 12:12 PM
junglialoh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Alpine Wildflowers


Beautifully revived flowers in great decorated composition


Jul 21, 2026 at 04:19 PM
adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Alpine Wildflowers


junglialoh wrote:
Beautifully revived flowers in great decorated composition


Thank you Jung, it is really a treat when these wildflowers are blooming and sometimes seems like sensory overload!



Jul 21, 2026 at 04:31 PM
guidostow
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Alpine Wildflowers


Great timing! You caught a lovely peak. Great set!


Jul 21, 2026 at 06:01 PM
jgurbisz
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Alpine Wildflowers


I really dig the focus in the first photo and nice colors all around in these images.


Jul 21, 2026 at 06:22 PM
frigaliment
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Alpine Wildflowers


love how calm this makes me feel


Jul 21, 2026 at 07:21 PM
Malka_1
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Alpine Wildflowers


Beautiful! #7 is my favorite. I love wildflowers, esp. mountain ones. There is that delicate beauty against immense and unyielding peaks.


Jul 21, 2026 at 09:49 PM
douter
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Alpine Wildflowers


What better than to be walking through fields of God's gems!
Douglas



Jul 22, 2026 at 06:14 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Alpine Wildflowers


guidostow wrote:
Great timing! You caught a lovely peak. Great set!


Thank you Guy, the window for these is one to weeks so glad the timing worked out!

---------------------------------------------

jgurbisz wrote:
I really dig the focus in the first photo and nice colors all around in these images.


That was my favorite too, that 300mm f/2.8 is not a lens I thought would work well for this type of photography but it really surprised me. I was borrowing it, and now I want one!

---------------------------------------------

frigaliment wrote:
love how calm this makes me feel


Thanks for your comment. For a moment I set down at the edge of the meadow and just soaked it all in, it was very calming!

---------------------------------------------

Malka_1 wrote:
Beautiful! #7 is my favorite. I love wildflowers, esp. mountain ones. There is that delicate beauty against immense and unyielding peaks.


Thank you Malka, the mountain wildflowers are indeed special. The peaks did make for an interesting element to work with.
---------------------------------------------

douter wrote:
What better than to be walking through fields of God's gems!
Douglas


Well said Douglas, thank you!



Jul 22, 2026 at 10:45 AM
Jim Dockery
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Alpine Wildflowers


Looks like a great hike - love that kind of light on flowers. The third would be my favorite, but the out of focus area detracts for me. This was a perfect candidate for a focus stack.


Jul 22, 2026 at 11:33 AM
adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Alpine Wildflowers


Jim Dockery wrote:
Looks like a great hike - love that kind of light on flowers. The third would be my favorite, but the out of focus area detracts for me. This was a perfect candidate for a focus stack.


Thanks Jim, appreciate your feedback. I wanted to do some focus stacking but the wind was blowing like crazy up there so chose the foreground to keep in focus and used f/11 to increase the depth of field as best I could. Did not want to drop below 1/200th of a second so I could keep flowers from moving. In the end I don't mind the OOF background, I think it gives it a more isolating 3D effect.



Jul 22, 2026 at 12:02 PM
J. Pow
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · Alpine Wildflowers


Fantastic set!!

Joel



Jul 23, 2026 at 02:29 PM
adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Alpine Wildflowers


Thank you Joel. I always enjoy photographing these colorful flowers this time of year!

J. Pow wrote:
Fantastic set!!

Joel




Jul 24, 2026 at 12:37 AM
gregfountain
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Alpine Wildflowers


Lots of pleasingly colorful shots Scott. I especially like the third. The dappled light in the foreground, and using the trees to frame the mountains, all look so natural, something I'm learning to appreciate.

Greg




Aug 05, 2026 at 12:58 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Alpine Wildflowers


The light and framing on #3 is quite wonderful, Scott!


Aug 05, 2026 at 09:40 AM







FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account