I know Jeffrey is going to scold me for posting too many of the same image but I could not decide which to narrow it down to ;-) Despite the dry conditions in Colorado the wildflowers have been quite spectacular and up high at elevation it's pretty lush where I've been. These are from a couple recent outings in the Flat Tops Mountains. In the first few the colors were really accentuated by the red sunset light from wildfire smoke in the air.
ILCE-7CRFE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens100mmf/11.01/125s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRFE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens100mmf/11.01/125s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRFE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens100mmf/11.01/125s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRFE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens100mmf/11.01/125s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRFE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens100mmf/11.01/160s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRFE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens100mmf/11.01/125s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRFE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens55mmf/10.01/400s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRFE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens55mmf/10.01/400s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRFE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens100mmf/11.01/125s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRVoigtlander NOKTON 28mm F1.5 Aspherical lens28mmf/11.01/160s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRVoigtlander NOKTON 28mm F1.5 Aspherical lens28mmf/13.01/250s200 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7CRVoigtlander NOKTON 28mm F1.5 Aspherical lens28mmf/11.01/400s200 ISO0.0 EV
Purple in nature is just a beautiful color in general - partly also as it is somewhat rare. I get why you had a hard time to decide, the first few with the sunlight giving it a warmer tone are really nice, especially for mood. My favorite ones are #7 and #8 though (with the mountain range). They give more context and I think the blue in the sky complements the purple foreground well. Great set!
DistantPlaces wrote:
Purple in nature is just a beautiful color in general - partly also as it is somewhat rare. I get why you had a hard time to decide, the first few with the sunlight giving it a warmer tone are really nice, especially for mood. My favorite ones are #7 and #8 though (with the mountain range). They give more context and I think the blue in the sky complements the purple foreground well. Great set!
I agree with you about the purple and magenta colors in nature. Another favorite wildflower of mine is Indian Paintbrush and it's almost always red, but there are a few patches I know of that are a bright magenta color and I find that really special - an example below.
---------------------------------------------
junglialoh wrote:
Beautiful wildflowers are well captured
Thank you Jung, I love coming across large fields like these with so much intense color! I find it very inspiring to photograph!
ILCE-7CRFE 35mm F2.8 ZA lens35mmf/10.01/25s400 ISO0.0 EV
adventure_photo wrote:
I agree with you about the purple and magenta colors in nature. Another favorite wildflower of mine is Indian Paintbrush and it's almost always red, but there are a few patches I know of that are a bright magenta color and I find that really special - an example below.
---------------------------------------------
Thank you Jung, I love coming across large fields like these with so much intense color! I find it very inspiring to photograph!
These are beautiful indeed. I had to look them up as I've never heard of them before - they do not grow in my part of the world.
junglialoh wrote:
Even better images of flowers are presented later
Very kind of you Jung, thanks!
---------------------------------------------
DistantPlaces wrote:
These are beautiful indeed. I had to look them up as I've never heard of them before - they do not grow in my part of the world.
Glad you find them beautiful too! They are relatively rare here too only growing at high elevations of mountain regions and they are only around for about 2-3 weeks of the year. Going out this afternoon to an area that has a high concentration of them and looking forward to it!