fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

High Country Wildflowers

  
 
adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · High Country Wildflowers


I know Jeffrey is going to scold me for posting too many of the same image but I could not decide which to narrow it down to ;-) Despite the dry conditions in Colorado the wildflowers have been quite spectacular and up high at elevation it's pretty lush where I've been. These are from a couple recent outings in the Flat Tops Mountains. In the first few the colors were really accentuated by the red sunset light from wildfire smoke in the air.




  ILCE-7CR    FE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/160s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens    55mm    f/10.0    1/400s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens    55mm    f/10.0    1/400s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    FE 100mm F2.8 Macro GM OSS lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    Voigtlander NOKTON 28mm F1.5 Aspherical lens    28mm    f/11.0    1/160s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    Voigtlander NOKTON 28mm F1.5 Aspherical lens    28mm    f/13.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7CR    Voigtlander NOKTON 28mm F1.5 Aspherical lens    28mm    f/11.0    1/400s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jul 08, 2026 at 07:59 PM
DistantPlaces
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · High Country Wildflowers


Purple in nature is just a beautiful color in general - partly also as it is somewhat rare. I get why you had a hard time to decide, the first few with the sunlight giving it a warmer tone are really nice, especially for mood. My favorite ones are #7 and #8 though (with the mountain range). They give more context and I think the blue in the sky complements the purple foreground well. Great set!


Jul 08, 2026 at 09:01 PM
junglialoh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · High Country Wildflowers


Beautiful wildflowers are well captured


Jul 09, 2026 at 04:49 AM
adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · High Country Wildflowers


DistantPlaces wrote:
Purple in nature is just a beautiful color in general - partly also as it is somewhat rare. I get why you had a hard time to decide, the first few with the sunlight giving it a warmer tone are really nice, especially for mood. My favorite ones are #7 and #8 though (with the mountain range). They give more context and I think the blue in the sky complements the purple foreground well. Great set!


I agree with you about the purple and magenta colors in nature. Another favorite wildflower of mine is Indian Paintbrush and it's almost always red, but there are a few patches I know of that are a bright magenta color and I find that really special - an example below.
---------------------------------------------

junglialoh wrote:
Beautiful wildflowers are well captured


Thank you Jung, I love coming across large fields like these with so much intense color! I find it very inspiring to photograph!






  ILCE-7CR    FE 35mm F2.8 ZA lens    35mm    f/10.0    1/25s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jul 09, 2026 at 10:27 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

junglialoh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · High Country Wildflowers


Even better images of flowers are presented later


Jul 10, 2026 at 06:26 AM
DistantPlaces
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · High Country Wildflowers


adventure_photo wrote:
I agree with you about the purple and magenta colors in nature. Another favorite wildflower of mine is Indian Paintbrush and it's almost always red, but there are a few patches I know of that are a bright magenta color and I find that really special - an example below.
---------------------------------------------

Thank you Jung, I love coming across large fields like these with so much intense color! I find it very inspiring to photograph!


These are beautiful indeed. I had to look them up as I've never heard of them before - they do not grow in my part of the world.



Jul 10, 2026 at 08:12 AM
adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · High Country Wildflowers


junglialoh wrote:
Even better images of flowers are presented later


Very kind of you Jung, thanks!
---------------------------------------------

DistantPlaces wrote:
These are beautiful indeed. I had to look them up as I've never heard of them before - they do not grow in my part of the world.


Glad you find them beautiful too! They are relatively rare here too only growing at high elevations of mountain regions and they are only around for about 2-3 weeks of the year. Going out this afternoon to an area that has a high concentration of them and looking forward to it!



Jul 10, 2026 at 12:24 PM







FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account