douter wrote:
I am not familiar with this flower...until now! Thank you, Dan'l!
Douglas
It is a very easy flower to grow and it propagates very well. The flowers are white or bluish/purple that can, and do, morph into "speckled" blue and white blooms.
The center will turn to a beautiful "star sapphire blue in the shape of a star sapphire "asterism".
I have some from last year I will post later.
I can mail you some seeds when they die off this fall Douglas. They love abuse!
Dan
lazlo36 wrote:
I cannot say that I have seen them before either. Nicely captured.
Thanks lazlo!
They last the entire late Spring into late Fall. They always bloom in multiple colors and bloom shapes. They self seed.
Dan
We used to have a lot of them - they are supposed to be resistant to deer and rabbits, but someone got a taste for them & ate them all, so they've died out
photonoclast wrote:
We used to have a lot of them - they are supposed to be resistant to deer and rabbits, but someone got a taste for them & ate them all, so they've died out
You want some seeds(?) PM me with address and I will put you on my "mailing list" for this late Fall "pc".
I posted how to "remedy" the wildlife eating yours but deleted it. You must have access to a zoo and wild cat "scat". You will NEVER see deer or rabbits again!
Thanks!
Dan
Thanks for the offer, but the flower beds are full right now! We've been transitioning to more to the things the critters don't eat - a constant battle!
I've heard of the wild cat scat strategy, but I don't have access to a zoo, and I don't think I am likely to get a pet lion anytime soon (though for sure one would have plenty to eat here - I see 6-8 deer out the dining room window most evenings). The coyotes used to be more effective but they seem to have moved on lately.