fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

Smoky Sunset Show Continues

  
 
guywithgas
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


adventure_photo wrote:
Thanks Sreedhar, I always like hearing your feedback! Yes, those are indeed sunspots! The atmosphere filtered the sun so intensely that they were visible - something I've rarely seen (maybe once before). Very surreal and awe inspiring to witness.


You are welcome, Scott! Wow.... it is amazing to see the Sunspots that clearly. Able to capture them with normal lenses and not specialized lenses for Astro photography is amazing.
Sreedhar



Jul 07, 2026 at 07:51 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


I really like these, Scott! Especially with the trees silhouetted black. You have my vote.


Jul 07, 2026 at 09:55 PM
adventure_photo
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


Ross Martin wrote:
I really like these, Scott! Especially with the trees silhouetted black. You have my vote.


Thank you Ross, very much appreciated!



Jul 07, 2026 at 10:20 PM
jm10_former
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


Great colors and nicely done framing Scott! #1 is my favorite.

jacob



Jul 08, 2026 at 02:30 PM
adventure_photo
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


jm10_former wrote:
Great colors and nicely done framing Scott! #1 is my favorite.

jacob


That framing stopped me in my tracks, thanks so much Jacob, I appreciate the nice comment!



Jul 08, 2026 at 07:49 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

mskb01
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


Gorgeous frames! Colors, despite the saturation, are still very pleasing!


Jul 16, 2026 at 04:47 PM
adventure_photo
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


mskb01 wrote:
Gorgeous frames! Colors, despite the saturation, are still very pleasing!


Thank you, believe it or not, the saturation was that intense, something I have never seen before in a sunset. I keep using the word surreal, but that's the only word that accurately describes it. I appreciate your comment!



Jul 16, 2026 at 05:43 PM
GroovyGeek
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


#4 is best of the bunch. The texture in the sun disk, and the color gradients immediately above and below it, as well as the zoom level that gives more prominence to the star of the show add up to the best image in the series.

I can fully believe that the colors are real. We had similar wild colors in SoCal around 15 years ago during some wildfires. Purple sunsets for like 2 weeks in a row.



Jul 19, 2026 at 01:59 AM
adventure_photo
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · Smoky Sunset Show Continues


GroovyGeek wrote:
#4 is best of the bunch. The texture in the sun disk, and the color gradients immediately above and below it, as well as the zoom level that gives more prominence to the star of the show add up to the best image in the series.

I can fully believe that the colors are real. We had similar wild colors in SoCal around 15 years ago during some wildfires. Purple sunsets for like 2 weeks in a row.


Thank you Boyan, I appreciate your input! Luckily, the smoke and fires have died down here but same thing happened - two weeks of purple, pink, and red sunsets. It does make for great light to photograph in, despite the unfortunate cause.



Jul 19, 2026 at 09:21 AM
1              end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account