I just received my Tribute 01 tonight well past the sun being out. Quick test shots show it is slightly back focusing at 0.7m but nothing too crazy and should be easy to adjust. The DK-Optic IMPASTOLITE 50/1.5 that arrived alongside it is much worse in back focusing and it doesn't look like it is user-adjustable so waiting to see what the solution might be. Thus is the pain of wanting to try limited lenses from overseas. Can't wait to try the TRIBUTE in some good lighting and eventually maybe I can do an A/B comparison with the LAILENS. And for those who need to adjust theirs, again I have to warn just how small the screws are and that they do NOT need to be removed to adjust. Here is a pic of some replacement screws Shoten sent me next to a AAA battery for scale.
endergemini wrote:
I just received my Tribute 01 tonight well past the sun being out. Quick test shots show it is slightly back focusing at 0.7m but nothing too crazy and should be easy to adjust. The DK-Optic IMPASTOLITE 50/1.5 that arrived alongside it is much worse in back focusing and it doesn't look like it is user-adjustable so waiting to see what the solution might be. Thus is the pain of wanting to try limited lenses from overseas.
Sorry to hear the IMPASTOLITE has the same issues your Lailens had, but happy to hear the Shoten Tribute doesn't need to be sent back for adjustment.
Thanks for the link Juha. There's a link in the description section of the video to a Vlogger walking with a friend around Tokyo station and the Marunouchi district. Watched the entire ~28 minutes of the pair casually taking in the scenery and having fun with the Shoten and a few other lenses.
Warning though, that video probably not for everyone - I lost track of how many times they said めっちゃいい (extremely good) and かわいいー (cute).