RF_780 wrote:
I have a new R5 II and it shipped with 1.3.0. I've had the following happen in the 7 days I've been using it. New, high quality SD cards that seem to work well for others and worked well on my original R5.
1. First time I attempted to take a video I got an "Error 70" and had to remove the battery to get the camera to respond again. RF70-200 2.8 Lens, fresh battery. That has not happened again though but it was troubling since it was my first day out with the camera.
2. Ever since I took my first video, if the camera is in photo mode, if I hit the view button to view photos on the LCD I get this message: "MODE Movie <---> Still switching". I have no idea why but it stays up for a few seconds which is longer than you want if you are in a hurry. I have reformatted the SD cards and have turned the camera on and off, reset battery etc. It still persists regardless of how long the camera is in photo mode.
3. One video I took would not show up in-camera. I thought it had glitched and that I had lost the video. However, I was able to download the video and it was fine.
In my week of shooting grizzlies and the occasional wolf, I was able to take about 2000 successful shots and several videos with the camera so it is reliable overall but I didn't have as many strange things happen with the R5. Granted, when I bought my R5 the FW was well along. Loving the pre-capture and higher frame rate for catching animal activity.
Thinking of going to 1.3.1 since it seems to fix some things....Show more →
The "MODE Movie <---> Still switching" notification should only come on once the first time you press play, and then it should disappear. I don't believe there is a way to disable it yet, but if you turn your dial it should disappear immediately.
As for your missing video, you may not have seen it in camera because you didn't press the mode button to switch to view the video files.
Quite possibly right about the missing video and it could be faulty memory on my part but I believe I was in movie mode as I did find other videos.
I still don't understand the "MODE Movie <---> Still switching" purpose. As it stands today, if I turn my camera on in photo mode with just a couple of photos on a card, this still shows up. As you say, I can make it go away but it a curiosity / strange functionality for sure.
Ive tried to go back to 1.3.1 from 1.3.2, cant do it at all, could do it fine on the R3.swapping cards.
Canon have changed something!
Read a few reports of the eye focus not being as good on 1.3.2, and id agree the last couple of times ive been out photographing deer. Doesnt seem as good as 1.3.1