Happy to hear that. It's a really interesting lens, at least for me. After you get more familiar, it would be great to start another thread for a review.
It's definitely niche, and in no world does a 45mp Nikon + Sirui outresolve my Hasselblad 35-100 for wide crops up to X-Pan dimensions, but it's always fun to try something new.
carstenw wrote:
Interesting, nicely written. Although I would not call it stretched out, but rather squeezed in from the sides, since that is what is happening.
Fair enough, and that makes the term "desqueeze" make more logical sense. I think our gut reaction when seeing a not-yet-desqueezed image is that everything is stretched out top to bottom. Both are true, basically.
It's definitely niche, and in no world does a 45mp Nikon + Sirui outresolve my Hasselblad 35-100 for wide crops up to X-Pan dimensions, but it's always fun to try something new.
Just finished the accompanying video as well! Pretty similar to my workflow for my panorama setup!
Really liked the picture of the fox!
I have a set of Sirui anamorphics and just tonight was looking through an hour long timelapse I just made. Second set I've owned and then rebought. These are high quality lenses that can be used wide open. Really nice lenses if you have doubts on the quality.
Alan Parker wrote:
Just finished the accompanying video as well! Pretty similar to my workflow for my panorama setup!
Really liked the picture of the fox!