p.1 #3 · Nikon Z 35mm 1.2 S - IMAGE THREAD (photo picture photos pictures images)
I just picked mine up and took a few snapshots on my way home. All taken around noon so light was not exactly ideal but I just wanted to test a few things so not really good pictures, more of test shots.
p.1 #5 · Nikon Z 35mm 1.2 S - IMAGE THREAD (photo picture photos pictures images)
Are you saying Nikon has put f/1.3 has an intermediate stop between f/1.2 and f/1:4? If so that’s very interesting. Usually f/1.3 is skipped over in the aperture series as most manufacturers use f/1.2 to denote the third stop down from f/1.4. If using f/1.3 as the third stop, are they only using f/1.2 as roughly 1/6 stop faster than that? (I.e, a true half stop?)
Usuallly f/1.2 can be used in either half stop or third stop increments, but if f/1.3 is used for third stops, then f/1.1 is usually used for another third stop down. Since the third stop in reality is f/1.25, generally it’s just picked between the two rather than having both present.
I do see f/1.3 appear occasionally if using a manual aperture f/1.2 lens with contacts, but those appear to relay 1/6 stops to the camera. (So you can also get d/1.5 and f/1.7 to appear between f/1.4 and f/1.6, etc)
suteetat wrote:
I just picked mine up and took a few snapshots on my way home. All taken around noon so light was not exactly ideal but I just wanted to test a few things so not really good pictures, more of test shots.
p.1 #6 · Nikon Z 35mm 1.2 S - IMAGE THREAD (photo picture photos pictures images)
Jman13 wrote:
Are you saying Nikon has put f/1.3 has an intermediate stop between f/1.2 and f/1:4? If so that’s very interesting. Usually f/1.3 is skipped over in the aperture series as most manufacturers use f/1.2 to denote the third stop down from f/1.4. If using f/1.3 as the third stop, are they only using f/1.2 as roughly 1/6 stop faster than that? (I.e, a true half stop?)
Usuallly f/1.2 can be used in either half stop or third stop increments, but if f/1.3 is used for third stops, then f/1.1 is usually used for another third stop down. Since the third stop in reality is f/1.25, generally it’s just picked between the two rather than having both present.
I do see f/1.3 appear occasionally if using a manual aperture f/1.2 lens with contacts, but those appear to relay 1/6 stops to the camera. (So you can also get d/1.5 and f/1.7 to appear between f/1.4 and f/1.6, etc)
p.1 #7 · Nikon Z 35mm 1.2 S - IMAGE THREAD (photo picture photos pictures images)
beautiful colors in that second shot!
suteetat wrote:
I just picked mine up and took a few snapshots on my way home. All taken around noon so light was not exactly ideal but I just wanted to test a few things so not really good pictures, more of test shots.
p.1 #12 · Nikon Z 35mm 1.2 S - IMAGE THREAD (photo picture photos pictures images)
Dj R wrote:
I was all over the place today!
Aww man, those last couple are really perking up my interest. I was going to bench the idea of this lens for a while, but like the 85/1.2 and the Plena, I may jump in sooner than later.
Two things that strike me the most. Bokeh is really smooth, much more so than what I use to with 35mm. The smoothest bokeh for a 35mm wide opened that I ever own but the only other 35/1.2 I have is an older version of Voiglander 35/1.2 M mount. Zeiss ZM is my favourite 35mm before 35/1.2S arrived and beside size and weight, I don't miss the Zeiss at all. Also I could not elicit any flare out of this lens no matter where the sun is in the frame or just off frame.
p.1 #16 · Nikon Z 35mm 1.2 S - IMAGE THREAD (photo picture photos pictures images)
Just picked mine up so did some messing around at home - purely test shots as the weather is crap at the moment. I really like the colors and rendering - the files are all pleasing to look at
p.1 #20 · Nikon Z 35mm 1.2 S - IMAGE THREAD (photo picture photos pictures images)
loudtiger wrote:
i hate using this trope, but it really does have some of that medium format look to it.
I disagree. There really aren’t any medium format cameras that can go this shallow at this angle of view. The “medium format look” I’ve found is predominantly bunk. When I shoot film I shoot 6x6 medium format, and it has its own charms, but there’s really nothing in the images that I really can’t get from any full frame digital system since the lenses are correspondingly faster. My wide lens is, for instance, a 55mm f/4.5, which is roughly equivalent in depth of field and angle of view to a 30mm f/2.5.