New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Disassembly - Light Lens Lab 1.4x viewfinder magnifier for Leica M

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Disassembly - Light Lens Lab 1.4x viewfinder magnifier for Leica M

@yukosteel recently posted an article about opening and maintaining the diopter rotation of the Light Lens Lab 1.4x viewfinder magnifier for Leica M cameras. I have this magnifier myself and find it extremely useful, especially when using lenses with focal lengths longer than 50mm.

"LLL 1.4x magnifier is an excellent alternative to few times more costly Leica 1.4x magnifier, and many shooters prefer it also for compact size and for convenient diopter correction. My copy is excellently made with proper stiffness of diopter corrector ring that stays in place great. In some copied though the rotation of diopter ring is quite loose, which leads to frequent accidental rotation and missing optimal setup."

To read the entire article, click here.

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:56 AM
_jim_
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Disassembly - Light Lens Lab 1.4x viewfinder magnifier for Leica M

Mine was one of the loose ones. I borrowed your idea (at least I think it was your idea) and blue loctite'd it in place. Now, it's a dream to use (or at least, I don't have to reset the diopter anymore) and massively improves my success rate with the f/1 Nokton.

Feb 25, 2024 at 01:17 PM
yukosteel
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Disassembly - Light Lens Lab 1.4x viewfinder magnifier for Leica M

100% on the same page, this LLL 1.4x dramatically improved focus accuracy for me. First with Sonnetar 73mm F1.5 and now with Nokton 50mm F1. It's also a big help when adjusting lens RF precision and comparing RF patch vs LiveView - allowing me to fix the lens faster, thanks again Fred for great recommendation!

Feb 25, 2024 at 01:55 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.