Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              24              26              28       29       end

Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Walie

Upload & Sell: Off
p.25 #1 · p.25 #1 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

AndrewNYC wrote:
How do they know what preorder demand is going to be for a new camera? Before it's posted for sale?

Not hard to have an idea that new version of the current (unattainable) hotness will also be highly sought.

Nvidia will be releasing the 5090 in the future. Itís probably also going to be unobtanium.

When social media FOMO turns its attention on a product, good luck getting it.

Apr 11, 2024 at 02:00 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.25 #2 · p.25 #2 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I think the X100VI ongoing issue of delayed order fulfillment is concerning and frustrating. According to Fuji, the problem is no longer supply chain issues but rather higher demand than expected. It's disappointing that folks who ordered shortly after release still don't have delivery estimates after two months. This raises concerns for others who ordered later and may not even receive their cameras.

It's discouraging to see similar problems with "higher demand than expected", especially considering the anticipated X100 series popularity. It seems Fuji might be overly cautious with production estimates. Learning from past experiences is crucial to improving. While I appreciate Fuji's cameras and philosophy, they need to address these recurring problems for better customer satisfaction and brand trust.

As for the camera itself, while it's a more compact rangefinder style version of the X-T5 with a built-in 35/2 lens and OVF, it may not offer groundbreaking features to justify the current hype. The current issue of reselling at much higher prices makes the problem worse. I think it's better to express frustration when Fuji struggles to meet demand, as this feedback can help them improve in the future..

Apr 11, 2024 at 02:36 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.25 #3 · p.25 #3 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Not sure why a slow preorder delivery would erode "brand trust". Kind of like how impossible the new Ford Bronco was to get on launch...highly sought after yet somewhat niche products that aren't made at mass scale are slow to get into hands. It doesn't make BRAND worse.

You have to be clever if you want to buy these niche things on launch, and if you aren't, you'll just have to wait around like everyone else.

And let's be real. Some people have been on the B&H preorder list for not-super-niche things like the Nikon 180-600 for over a year. If you're savvy, you can find it on a LCS shelf in 5 minutes. It doesn't make Nikon less trustworthy, it just means you're paying a price for waiting in a very long line when you don't have to.

Waiting 6-8 weeks for the most highly sought after camera of the year isn't bad in the big scheme of this late stage capitalist hellscape.

Apr 11, 2024 at 02:45 PM
SGinNorcal
• •
p.25 #4 · p.25 #4 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

RoamingScott wrote:
Waiting 6-8 weeks for the most highly sought after camera of the year isn't bad in the big scheme of this late stage capitalist hellscape.

No kidding! I would expect that Fuji has assembly lines that run for a period of time then shut down and re-setup for another product, unlike something really high volume that runs constantly. Since demand is outstripping supply, they can either run longer with the 100VI (tightening supply of another model) or increase the capacity of the line. Nobody wants to increase capacity of the line unless that capacity is expected to be sustained for a long period. Its likely that Fuji has capacity for an annual output forecast which makes good sense. Unfortunately for consumers, this presents shortages at launch and will take while to catch up. Not to mention the supply chain of all the parts. Production pacing is running off the hardest to get pieces. And in these days of low inventory management by accountants, nobody is going to build a giant inventory of cameras prior to launch.

Apr 11, 2024 at 03:09 PM
RyanDelaney
• • •
p.25 #5 · p.25 #5 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Iíve owned every iteration of this camera over the last decade and needless to say Iím stoked to have had this show up yesterday. I wasnít paying attention to the release date and preordered around 10am on 2/20 thinking I was too late to the party. I went on a few waitlists, but avoided the major camera and electronics retailers as I figured theyíd be backed up for quite some time. Shopping the little guy pays off in so many ways. Itís unfortunate that Fuji canít keep up with demand and I hope they can get these into everyoneís hands who wants one.

Feeling lucky today.

Apr 11, 2024 at 03:12 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.25 #6 · p.25 #6 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Fred Miranda wrote:
I think the X100VI ongoing issue of delayed order fulfillment is concerning and frustrating. According to Fuji, the problem is no longer supply chain issues but rather higher demand than expected. It's disappointing that folks who ordered shortly after release still don't have delivery estimates after two months. This raises concerns for others who ordered later and may not even receive their cameras.

It's discouraging to see similar problems with "higher demand than expected", especially considering the anticipated X100 series popularity. It seems Fuji might be overly cautious with production estimates. Learning from past experiences is crucial to improving. While
...Show more

It also is annoying for Fuji to raffle off a chance to buy a "limited edition" X100VI, at $2k, while normal X100VI orders cannot even be fulfilled. And this is after X100V orders not being able to be fulfilled for 2+ years.

Apr 11, 2024 at 03:17 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.25 #7 · p.25 #7 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

mdude85 wrote:
while normal X100VI orders cannot even be fulfilled.

What? Did you miss the huge wave of order fulfillment getting posted about today?

Apr 11, 2024 at 03:26 PM
robstein
• • •
p.25 #8 · p.25 #8 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Fred Miranda wrote:

Yeah - the demand was clear to even me (a non Fuji soul), so I'm not sure why they would be so on the back foot. Some level of unavailability feeds the hype and is a good business call but this level of un-obtainum is not good for Fuji (or customers). I think they would do well to try and at least set-out some supply roadmaps for each large reseller, so everyone has some target dates to plan around - I mean publicly as they probably have privately. But hey - They don't owe us anything, so what do I know.

I had a V ordered from Aug last year which was never likely to happen. By sheer luck I was ordering something else from B&H a couple of hours after the announcement, so jumped on it and cancelled my V order. Just lucky timing - apologies to the real Fuji peoples that are looking at potentially grim delivery dates. I was never going to pay the rip-off pricing, so it was going to be whatever it was.

I have a 6 week trip over May/Jun, so I'm happy I managed to get one before I leave. I think it's going to be a great complement to my main SLR/Mirrorless stuff. I was looking at older small foot print options but this is the ideal spec level for what I wanted and I was not keen on the pricing run-up of older models. Having used a rangefinder as a 70's kid, I love the form factor, so plus + plus!

Apr 11, 2024 at 03:39 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.25 #9 · p.25 #9 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

RoamingScott wrote:
Not sure why a slow preorder delivery would erode "brand trust". Kind of like how impossible the new Ford Bronco was to get on launch...highly sought after yet somewhat niche products that aren't made at mass scale are slow to get into hands. It doesn't make BRAND worse.

If you're excited about getting the new X100VI, and you order it within a week or two of its release, you might end up waiting six months, a year, or even longer to actually get the camera. I contacted B&H, and they couldn't give me an estimated delivery date for this situation. As someone mentioned in this thread, they placed their order about 10 hours after the release and now they're hoping to receive the camera by Christmas. This long delay can be really frustrating and might make you trust the brand less.

Personally, I don't have a stake in this because I didn't order the camera. However, this is my reaction based on what I've been reading from those who really want the camera but don't want to pay a high price to buy one from the Buy and Sell board.

Apr 11, 2024 at 03:58 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.25 #10 · p.25 #10 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Fred Miranda wrote:
If you're excited about getting the new X100VI, and you order it within a week or two of its release, you might end up waiting six months, a year, or even longer to actually get the camera. I contacted B&H, and they couldn't give me an estimated delivery date for this situation. As someone mentioned in this thread, they placed their order about 10 hours after the release and now they're hoping to receive the camera by Christmas. This long delay can be really frustrating and might make you trust the brand less.

Personally, I don't have a stake in
...Show more

Again, you are attributing to Fuji a problem that is only B&H's (or other big retailers like Adorama), and one that is repeated ad infinitum with popular items. You do NOT preorder at B&H if you want the product quickly, this has been known for many years.

Another data point: a friend ordered his VI from Moment well into the morning on 2/20 and their queue has cleared about 80%...I'd expect him to have his within the next few weeks, and not "Christmas". If you order from smaller shops, you will get yours far quicker than B&H and Adorama.

Or, you can skip preorders all together by maintaining a relationship with an LCS and not even have to wake up on "preorder day" and still be first in line.

Absolutely no one expects to be able to try and get Taylor Swift tickets 10 hours after they drop. No one expects to get Jordans 10 hours after they drop. That's the world now, cameras included.

Apr 11, 2024 at 04:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.25 #11 · p.25 #11 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

RoamingScott wrote:
Again, you are attributing to Fuji a problem that is only B&H's (or other big retailers like Adorama), and one that is repeated ad infinitum with popular items. You do NOT preorder at B&H if you want the product quickly, this has been known for many years.

Another data point: a friend ordered his VI from Moment well into the morning on 2/20 and their queue has cleared about 80%...I'd expect him to have his within the next few weeks, and not "Christmas". If you order from smaller shops, you will get yours far quicker than B&H and Adorama.

Or, you can
...Show more

Sure, okay... That's great for your friend, but not ideal for those who pre-ordered from this thread. In my view, Fuji's production hasn't kept pace with demand, which suggests a miscalculation on their part. Their production capacity appears insufficient, which seems like an oversight, especially given the data from their past camera releases. Instead of investing in larger production capabilities (as we thought would happen with the move to China), they still seem content to have customers wait or overpay from secondary sources, essentially saying, "Sorry guys, our camera is more popular than we anticipated!" However, this is just my perspective, so feel free to interpret it as you see fit.

If I was interested in this camera, I would definitely feel frustrated right now.

Apr 11, 2024 at 04:30 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.25 #12 · p.25 #12 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Fuji still has my camera in repair. Hoping they send it back tomorrow, as they've now had it a little over two weeks. Would be nice to actually shoot with this camera more than one evening.

Apr 11, 2024 at 05:02 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.25 #13 · p.25 #13 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

@ Fred

I don't think it's a large enough company to be able to scale up capacity that much, but I would be frustrated as well (I already have a 100V, so no need for this new model).

Fuji has no obligation to the consumer to have its items in stock, but at the same time, the consumer has no obligation to Fuji to stick around either. If the information is not available to consumers regarding when they'll receive their item, they aren't going to wait around forever. Perhaps it's worked in Fuji's favor that this is kind of a luxury item (people are willing to wait because they don't really need it), but it's delicate because those same people could just as easily cancel their orders because they don't need it.

Edited on Apr 11, 2024 at 05:07 PM · View previous versions

Apr 11, 2024 at 05:05 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.25 #14 · p.25 #14 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Jman13 wrote:
Fuji still has my camera in repair. Hoping they send it back tomorrow, as they've now had it a little over two weeks. Would be nice to actually shoot with this camera more than one evening.

Have they said anything in terms of their findings?

Apr 11, 2024 at 05:06 PM
RomanMF
• •
p.25 #15 · p.25 #15 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

One of the small camera spots here in LA is estimating August deliveries for orders placed now. Not sure what Samy's timelines are since I imagine they're getting more bodies. I did read that they had given priority to folks from the X100V waitlist, similar to Moment.

Edited on Apr 11, 2024 at 05:11 PM · View previous versions

Apr 11, 2024 at 05:11 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.25 #16 · p.25 #16 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Jman13 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, I had this problem with my 100V as well. Have you heard from them about the quote? I sent mine to the NJ repair shop and didn't hear back for over two weeks. Finally called them and they said something about how their system was buggy and won't send email updates regarding the status of repairs.

Once I touched base with them I got my camera back in a few days, $400 poorer

Edited on Apr 11, 2024 at 05:22 PM · View previous versions

Apr 11, 2024 at 05:11 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.25 #17 · p.25 #17 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

RoamingScott wrote:
Have they said anything in terms of their findings?

I called last week to see if they needed information. They said it's "in repair, repairing sensor alignment." They anticipated it would be completed by the 12th (so, tomorrow.) That's it. If it doesn't move by tomorrow afternoon I'll give them another call to check on the status.

Apr 11, 2024 at 05:20 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.25 #18 · p.25 #18 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

RomanMF wrote:
One of the small camera spots here in LA is estimating August deliveries for orders placed now. Not sure what Samy's timelines are since I imagine they're getting more bodies. I did read that they had given priority to folks from the X100V waitlist, similar to Moment.

There's one wrinkle in that Fuji stated that they were going to be delivering twice as many cameras as their "normal" rate for the first 8 weeks. If a shop is basing estimates off the last 6 weeks, that estimation is probably half as long as it should be.

Apr 11, 2024 at 05:22 PM
olegkin
• •
p.25 #19 · p.25 #19 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

If you cannot wait for VI delivery there is always Q3. Ooh, wait...

Apr 12, 2024 at 08:15 AM
BPsmith511
• • •
p.25 #20 · p.25 #20 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

mdude85 wrote:
@ Fred

I don't think it's a large enough company to be able to scale up capacity that much, but I would be frustrated as well (I already have a 100V, so no need for this new model).

I think this is an issue more than people give it credit for. To switch production facilities and double capacity for a line is some serious outlay and Fujifilm might not have the available free cash flow to go any further without jeopardizing the business - if they have 4mil on hand (made up number) it isn't a bright idea to spend 3.9m on ramping up a single product line.

They may have only been able to afford to 2x production even while knowing they could have sold 4x if needed.

Apr 12, 2024 at 08:24 AM
1       2       3              24              26              28       29       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.