fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       22              24       …       103       104       end
  

Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread

  
 
taildraggin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #1 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


If you don't have a 40, I'd try it. That lens is all about versatility. It covers a lot of uses.

I'm going to try the 50 APO as a 'day' lens, not for its sharpness but simply because I loved its handling. The 50/1 reminds me of using a 500cm or SWC while the APO handles like an old 50/1.4 Nikkor - light and quick. The 50/1, though, owns the night, which is important to me (and it's better for portraits).

If you like 40mm (I do), you get the handling, night and stopped down day goodness. I wouldn't take it off the camera.



Jun 10, 2024 at 07:35 AM
JeffMD
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.23 #2 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


I took the Zf and Super Wide-Heliar 15mm on a bike ride.





F5.6, 1/1000







f11, 1/15




Jun 10, 2024 at 07:38 AM
taildraggin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #3 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


I love that lens. I have an older 15 in Leica mount that I can't wait to use.



IIIf, Tri-X, epson scan.

Edited on Jun 10, 2024 at 06:54 PM · View previous versions



Jun 10, 2024 at 07:39 AM
JeffMD
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.23 #4 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


It’s an outstanding lens. I love rendering!


Jun 10, 2024 at 09:11 AM
Jepser
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #5 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


Two more with the Nokton 75mm on Zf, SOOC.

DSC_6478_75_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr


DSC_6476_75_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr



Jun 10, 2024 at 04:26 PM
Jepser
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #6 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


And some more from today with the APO-Lanthar 35mm on Zf, also SOOC.

DSC_6450_APO_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr


DSC_6469_APO_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr


DSC_6473_APO_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr


DSC_6436_APO_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr



Jun 10, 2024 at 04:29 PM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.23 #7 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


Voigtlander 40m F1.2 E mount - Techart E-Z adapter on a Z6


Shelter Island - New York










Jun 10, 2024 at 10:46 PM
Jepser
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #8 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


Another thread reminded me of this lens, so Im cross-posting it here. Voigtländer Nokton D23mm on Nikon Zfc, resized but otherwise SOOC Jpegs.

GRR_1898_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr


GRR_2377_ed by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr


GRR_5647_small23 by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr


GRR_3292_-straight by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr


GRR_1888_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr



Jun 11, 2024 at 05:30 PM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.23 #9 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


Voigtlander 40m F1.2 E mount - Techart E-Z adapter on a Z6


East Hampton - New York
















Jun 11, 2024 at 09:07 PM
taildraggin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #10 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


Lightsearcher wrote:
Voigtlander 40m F1.2 E mount - Techart E-Z adapter on a Z6

East Hampton - New York

https://photos.smugmug.com/New-York/Long-Island/Montauk-/i-7t3NJwx/0/CFGL8rWqmMZHCFfKJs99HfV26XSjLKwGND56HgwBt/X3/DSC_5853-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/New-York/Long-Island/Montauk-/i-qX3Xvb4/0/CZC9mMmzsQ7jx7h3nPZ9ND6LqfxLRzPbp483L6p43/X3/DSC_5886-X3.jpg



"Home Sweet Home".

My mom's family had a more modest version of the last one (ca 1750). Hidden compartments in the fireplace mantle, 2 kitchens (summer & winter), hewn beams and a root cellar you could lock your sister in.

The house on the left was one wing of a big house that washed up on the 4th hole of the golf course during a hurricane in 1938. Grandpa put it on a barge and they moved it a mile, next door, and it became my aunt's house for the rest of her life. As grandpa got older, his farm shrank to a large garden. It's all stapled styrofoam McMansions now.



Dad had a IIIf with the 50/3.5, probably Kodachrome 25. 1955.





Jun 12, 2024 at 05:17 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

taildraggin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #11 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


Jepser wrote:
Another thread reminded me of this lens, so Im cross-posting it here. Voigtländer Nokton D23mm on Nikon Zfc, resized but otherwise SOOC Jpegs.


You have both the Zf and Zfc; what is it like to manually focus the Zfc?



Jun 12, 2024 at 05:38 AM
Jepser
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #12 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


taildraggin wrote:
You have both the Zf and Zfc; what is it like to manually focus the Zfc?



It was perfectly fine until I got the Zf Longer answer later.



Jun 12, 2024 at 05:49 AM
taildraggin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #13 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


Jepser wrote:
It was perfectly fine until I got the Zf Longer answer later.


I think I know the answer... I'm about as quick now at focusing the Zf with a fast 50 as I was with the old FE (with zoom in confirmation, if you want). I'm not as swift as I could be, but was able to take a couple of nighttime keepers at f/1, walking(!). Trying the 50/2 now and it's a piece of cake to focus, after the f/1.

I'm not going back. I love the control.
(Keeping the 24-120 for AF duties and just using the CVs for everything else.)

but, how nice would the little Zfc be with the Zf's aids? <sigh>



Jun 12, 2024 at 07:41 AM
ArtisanImageryUK
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #14 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


ZF + 50mm APO

DSC_3074 by Artisan Imagery, on Flickr



Jun 12, 2024 at 07:43 AM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.23 #15 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


Voigtlander 40m F1.2 E mount - Techart E-Z adapter on a Z6

Eysturoy - Faroe Islands









Jun 12, 2024 at 07:50 PM
ArtisanImageryUK
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #16 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


ZF + 50mm APO

Harley in Soho, London by Artisan Imagery, on Flickr



Jun 13, 2024 at 05:53 AM
Jepser
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #17 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


taildraggin wrote:
I think I know the answer... I'm about as quick now at focusing the Zf with a fast 50 as I was with the old FE (with zoom in confirmation, if you want). I'm not as swift as I could be, but was able to take a couple of nighttime keepers at f/1, walking(!). Trying the 50/2 now and it's a piece of cake to focus, after the f/1.

I'm not going back. I love the control.
(Keeping the 24-120 for AF duties and just using the CVs for everything else.)

but, how nice would the little Zfc be with the
...Show more →

Yes, it would be nice

Still the Zfc works realy good for architecture / landscape / macro and people being still. When there is movement or more people in the frame the Zf manual focus is just brilliant.

Im keeping the Zfz as a backup, it's still a good and compact camera. When I got it I stopped using the Z6 completely.



Jun 13, 2024 at 08:29 AM
Jepser
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #18 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


The APO 50mm is next on my wishlist (unless Voigtländer releases something 21-25mm), when I paid in full for the Nokton 75mm.


Jun 13, 2024 at 08:33 AM
newyork
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #19 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


The more I see the apo 50 the more I’m tempted to cancel my 40 1.2 order. If a 25mm came out I’d grab that too.

Jepser wrote:
The APO 50mm is next on my wishlist (unless Voigtländer releases something 21-25mm), when I paid in full for the Nokton 75mm.




Jun 13, 2024 at 09:28 AM
taildraggin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #20 · Voigtlander for Nikon Image Thread


I've been using the 50 APO for 2 days rather than the 50/1. I'm still unsure (need more time/pix), but so far, IQ is much less an issue as handling (weight and focus ring diameter & throw). The 50/1 is holding up really well vs 50/2. The smaller, lighter 40 would make this harder, as it should handle quicker, like the 50/2.

Problem is, either one you get, you'll have a nagging suspicion you should have got the other.

40 leans toward use for "scenes" and the 50 "subjects". (Today, I missed a picture of the Deutsche-Amerikanische Schützen Gesellschaft building because I was too lazy to cross the street.)

I think the 40 is super versatile. It's also the prettiest CV on the Zf, which is all that matters.




Jun 13, 2024 at 09:45 AM
1       2       3       …       22              24       …       103       104       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       22              24       …       103       104       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account