New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              3              11       12       end

Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

Im a left eye shooter so it actually helps over on the left.

May 31, 2023 at 12:19 PM
berimbolo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

Uncle Chip wrote:
Something I have wondered about is lenses for said A7000, if you look at the 4/3 bodies and lenses they are designed for the sensor size, making equivalent fl lenses tiny in comparison, using a crop body with FF glass waists half the light, you would think they could make a focusing adapter that gives you that stop back, or am I talking rubbish?

The APSC lens lineup is very good.

May 31, 2023 at 12:24 PM
Uncle Chip
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

berimbolo wrote:
The APSC lens lineup is very good.

My comment was in reference to the quoted posts and in relation to ďbig lenses for wildlifeĒ I am not aware of any high quality big telephoto lenses that are apsc only,

May 31, 2023 at 01:20 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

A big "meh" from me. Sounds like Sony's basically cobbling together parts from existing cameras to give a marginal update to their best APS-C stills camera to keep it relevent -- "best" being a relative term, of course. At this stage I just assume Sony's not interested in making an APS-C body with higher-end stills capability (ie with stacked sensor, higher MP, advanced AF etc.)

May 31, 2023 at 01:43 PM
SpecFoto
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

Since I have an A7RIV with 61MP and use the 26MP crop mode a lot already, I am WAY more interested in a A7C-II. Hopefully with 33MP, 1/8000 (mech.) shutter speed, upgraded VF, dual card slots and a front dial. It would fit so well with my Sigma I series lenses for general photography and be a perfect backup body for me.

Edited on May 31, 2023 at 03:01 PM · View previous versions

May 31, 2023 at 02:03 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

I'm interested for a travel and light-carry camera. But if there is no stacked sensor, I would be reluctant--too many places with LED lighting now.

It would have to offer advantages over my A9. The A9 is a nice size for travel (unlike the A9II), does excellent tracking and eye af focusing, and has a stacked sensor. Those are three of my primary requirements for a camera body.

Edited on May 31, 2023 at 02:34 PM · View previous versions

May 31, 2023 at 02:28 PM
docusync
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

No stacked sensor - no deal.
I already have my non-stacked Canon R7 to shoot pictures like the one below

May 31, 2023 at 02:30 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

chiron wrote:
I'm interested for a travel and light-carry camera. But if there is no stacked sensor, I would be reluctant--too many places with LED lighting now.

It would have to offer advantages over my A9, which is a nice size for travel, does excellent tracking and eye af focusing, and has a stacked sensor, which are three of my primary requirements for a camera body.

Canít you just use the mechanical shutter if there are led lights?

May 31, 2023 at 02:31 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

docusync wrote:
https://api.franklinsportsphoto.com/file/jpeg/427965f711db4b11917ac651761d953d?ext=.jpg

Actually, that is a cool shot, IMO. Definitely makes me look a few times.

May 31, 2023 at 02:33 PM
trainerKEN
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

having two a1 bodies, I personally don't care (I only shoot stills). I can shoot in APS-C mode and still have about 20MP, no rolling shutters (*due to the stacked sensor) and 30fps (yes, I know... the a1 is also a LOT more expensive). So, I'm good. However, this brings me to my next point... Coming from someone that works part-time at a camera shop, if the a6700 doesn't come close to the Canon R7 at 15fps (20fps in e-shutter), the a6700 would be a fail. Sony's 10fps is soooo 2014, you have to go to the a9/a9II/a1 to get anything faster. Maybe Sony will make people wait for the a7000

May 31, 2023 at 02:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

berimbolo
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

Uncle Chip wrote:
My comment was in reference to the quoted posts and in relation to ďbig lenses for wildlifeĒ I am not aware of any high quality big telephoto lenses that are apsc only,

Sony 70-350G is sharp and focuses fast. Not the widest aperture after adjusting for the crop factor, but it is a very good lens.

May 31, 2023 at 02:51 PM
Uncle Chip
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

berimbolo wrote:
Sony 70-350G is sharp and focuses fast. Not the widest aperture after adjusting for the crop factor, but it is a very good lens.

This is my point, you have one lens available, and a great size if you compare it to say the 200-600, but serious wildlife photographers want the 600f4 made for the crop

May 31, 2023 at 03:31 PM
berimbolo
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

Uncle Chip wrote:
This is my point, you have one lens available, and a great size if you compare it to say the 200-600, but serious wildlife photographers want the 600f4 made for the crop

I do not have much historical context, but I can't imagine such a lens would exist for any system that wasn't primarily crop (or M43). But yeah, it would be cool as hell. I imagine one could be made at a size similar to the Nikon 400 F4.5 (although I am not sure). That could be the ultimate wildlife set up.

May 31, 2023 at 03:59 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

chez wrote:
Canít you just use the mechanical shutter if there are led lights?

Lot of difficulties with that. First, you have to know that there are LED lights, and usually that only happens when you get a chance to look at your LCD screen and see the banding. Then you have to shift your shutter settings. More, it is a great advantage to me to have a silent shutter. It avoids interrupting situations by calling attention to myself. Nothing says "Stop what you're doing and look at me" like the sound of a mechanical shutter going off, especially if it is going off more than once. For me, if one has to keep switching to mechanical shutter, then you might as well just keep it there all the time and then the camera might as well not have an electronic/silent shutter. Mechanical vs electronic shutter makes for a very different shooting situation, both for subjects and for the photographer. Rcently in Cyprus I photographed a dervish performing in a quiet, mostly darkened room lit by LED. He was a devotee, not a performer and he danced for 30 minutes. I took about two hundred photos during that period. If I had been using a mechanical shutter, I would have been thrown out after two minutes. One of the reasons Leicas were prized for street and documentary styles of shooting was because their shutters were so quiet.

I think you use an A7RIII, which is one of my favorite cameras. Wonderful sensor. I now consider a very desirable travel kit to be an A9 and an A7RIII, with the latter, with its non-stacked but high resolution sensor, being used for landscapes and for out of doors. The two cameras are the same size, which is toward the smaller end of all Sony FF bodies.

May 31, 2023 at 04:15 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

docusync wrote:
https://api.franklinsportsphoto.com/file/jpeg/427965f711db4b11917ac651761d953d?ext=.jpg

May 31, 2023 at 04:33 PM
tctmp
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

Uncle Chip wrote:

Can 600 f/4 made for crop really be smaller? I thought 600 f/4 will have a diameter of at least 150 whether it's made for ff or crop.

May 31, 2023 at 05:21 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

tctmp wrote:
Can 600 f/4 made for crop really be smaller? I thought 600 f/4 will have a diameter of at least 150 whether it's made for ff or crop.

No I don't think it can. You cant make telephoto lenses smaller for smaller sensors. M43 100-400 is only smaller because it has smaller maximum aperture.

Maybe people think an Olympus 300/4 is a 600/4 but it isn't. It is a 300 f/4 equivalent to a 600 f/8.

May 31, 2023 at 05:31 PM
Uncle Chip
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

tctmp wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought to get the same exposure you loose a stop for crop, so the total light gathered from a 600f5.6 focused onto a crop sensor will give you the same exposure level of a 600f4 on a FF camera,
They made speed boosters for using DSLR glass on e mount crop, you got a stop extra light than the lens rating,

I think itís Panasonic that market their zooms with the equivalent f-number so they say itís a 2.8 when itís physically a 5.6 (or whatever it is for the m4/3)

May 31, 2023 at 05:42 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

Uncle Chip wrote:
Something I have wondered about is lenses for said A7000, if you look at the 4/3 bodies and lenses they are designed for the sensor size, making equivalent fl lenses tiny in comparison, using a crop body with FF glass waists half the light, you would think they could make a focusing adapter that gives you that stop back, or am I talking rubbish?

Metabones and one othjer manufacturer make device to do something along these lines, but the only one I am familiar with for Sony is for adapting a Canon EF full frame lens to a Sony body. Go to B&H and search for "speedbooster." You'll get several pages worth of specific adapters

May 31, 2023 at 05:49 PM
tctmp
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Official: New Sony A6700 camera with 26MP BSI CMOS sensor

Uncle Chip wrote:
I may be wrong but I thought to get the same exposure you loose a stop for crop, so the total light gathered from a 600f5.6 focused onto a crop sensor will give you the same exposure level of a 600f4 on a FF camera,
They made speed boosters for using DSLR glass on e mount crop, you got a stop extra light than the lens rating,

I think itís Panasonic that market their zooms with the equivalent f-number so they say itís a 2.8 when itís physically a 5.6 (or whatever it is for the m4/3)

Yes, you can make a 600 f/5.6 + speed booster so that it becomes f/4 on crop. But that also reduces your focal length so that the setup will becomes something like 400 f/4 lens. Think of it like a reverse tele converter.

May 31, 2023 at 05:49 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.