Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Congratulations to Scott Stoness for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 14 votes - View Previous Winners

On the 2nd day of our trip, we drove down the gravel roads looking for sunrise pictures. We stopped at Laguna Peho at the little beach in front of the hotel on the island.

btw -
the Pehoe campground is great. Covers for rain and tremendous view in the morning.
Gas supply is difficult. The nearest gas station is in Puerto Natalies 100km away. We constantly had to watch the gauge
The gravel roads are rough. We got a flat tire toward the end. Make sure you rent good clearance and get glass/tire insurance.

It was quite windy (or so we thought - it got way more dramatic at the end of the trip).

Here are the best of the morning.

1-5 of 5

Comments and feedback are appreciated.

Canon EOS R5    RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens    38mm    f/11.0    4s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS R5    RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens    70mm    f/11.0    8s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS R5    RF100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM lens    325mm    f/11.0    1/50s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS R5    RF100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM lens    149mm    f/11.0    1/50s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS R5    RF100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM lens    214mm    f/11.0    1/60s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Apr 04, 2023 at 03:14 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Here is the location including the hotel

Apr 04, 2023 at 03:18 PM
Burnard
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Very nice and quality images.

Apr 04, 2023 at 03:32 PM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

fantastic image set -each presents awe inspiring landscape scene.

Apr 04, 2023 at 04:04 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

The scenery and winds around Laguna Peho are epoch! I recall days of 100 kph winds with crazy gusts that forced us to lay down on the ground. You did a great job of capturing Cuernos del Paine in their memorizing majesty!

Apr 04, 2023 at 04:45 PM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Beautiful set, hopefully mother nature was on your side for the opportunity to get some sunrise Chantilly & Lenticular clouds on your trip.

Apr 04, 2023 at 05:23 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Burnard: Glad you like the images. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

junglialoh: Aside from the challenges of the unbelievably strong winds, making the long exposure (to calm the winds) difficult, it was fun. I tried in these shots to flatten the 8 foot swells but the wind blowing on my tripod causes some vibration. Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

dbehrens: I agree - epic. I booked the ferry to Laguan Glacier and it was cancelled for wind. I thought I would walk down on the beach and quickly turned around because the flying small rocks were going to damage my glasses. And it was just hard to stand up. Glad you like the Currents del Paine. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

IndyFab: The days were either blue sky clear or so windy tripod photography was not practical. When the gale force wind was happening, I had turn the iso up until I got 1/500 and hand hold with my body as a dampener. But just the same, I think I got some good shots. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 04, 2023 at 06:15 PM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Absolutely stunning images. Sounds like a fantastic trip!

Apr 04, 2023 at 07:59 PM
Jimmy321

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Very nice set especially # 3

Apr 05, 2023 at 06:56 AM
Al Trujillo
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

BEAUTIFUL!! Each one worthy of a huge enlargement on your wall!

Apr 05, 2023 at 07:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

A much better day for image making here. Nice work Scott!

Apr 05, 2023 at 10:37 AM
newyork
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Wow!!!!

Apr 05, 2023 at 11:38 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

DaleBerlin: Glad you liked the images. It had some down time and arranged it a couple of weeks prior to going when the airfare was only about $600 USD from Calgary to Santiago through Dallas. My wife told me that she was okay as long as I found someone to go with or got a guide. One of my youngest son's friends (who is a budding photographer) volunteered and off we went. It was tough keeping up with a 25 year old hiking but an old guy has to try. It was a great time to see a bucket list location. I likely will go back a bit wiser and with more planning. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Jimmy321: Glad you like 3. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Al Trujillo: There is not higher complement than to hang on the wall. Thank you. Much appreciated. Scott

Jeffrey: Glad you like the clouds here. Its kind of a tough location. The hike into the Torres is long and tough and its hard to get reservations. When its nice, there are no clouds and when the clouds are interesting the wind is blowing so hard its hard to take a long (or short) exposure. I guess thats what make landscape photography so challenging - technical, physical, emotional, perseverance and an occasional great picture. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

newyork: Thanks for the "wow". Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 05, 2023 at 12:34 PM
Ross Martin
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Scott, I’m really liking the painterly feel here. What a location! Nicely captured and processed.

Apr 05, 2023 at 05:30 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Ross Martin wrote:
Scott, I’m really liking the painterly feel here. What a location! Nicely captured and processed.

Glad you like the painterly feel. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 05, 2023 at 09:02 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Scott,
Stunning work. Love the side light streaming across the scene in the 1st one. Beautiful.

Apr 05, 2023 at 11:24 PM
J. Pow
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Awesome! voted!

Joel

Apr 06, 2023 at 01:15 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Sunny Sra: Glad you like the side light in the 1st. It is an easy location (right on the beach next to the hotel). Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

J. Pow: Thank you for the vote. Glad you like it. Much appreciated. Scot

Apr 06, 2023 at 01:22 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Awesome stuff! Feels like being right there! Thanks again for sharing them with us! 🙏🏼

Apr 06, 2023 at 03:17 PM
jgardner04

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Incredible light in that second image. Beautiful.

Apr 06, 2023 at 05:04 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.