Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Desert Beauty

  
 
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Desert Beauty


Congratulations to DanielScott for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 4 votes - View Previous Winners


My favorite type of photo shoot is men's beauty. This is what the majority of my work is, though I'm not always very comfortable sharing it in forums. It's a genre that in my opinion isn't as celebrated or appreciated as much as I personally think it should be, and I love it when I get the chance to photograph someone who is confident and also enthusiastic about creating the images I have in my mind. Kamyar really brought the right attitude to make this shoot work out, in my opinion. This was purely for collaboration, so there wasn't a particular goal or story for these photos other than to create something that would hopefully be beautiful. We drove several hours into the desert to get here, and stayed the night in a hotel in Bend Oregon that had a beautiful soaking pool, which I utilized the natural light from a skylight in the ceiling and a single golden tinted glass window for those shots. On the way home we stopped at the Umpqua hot springs. I know that the color toning in the ones that turned the sky a teal color might not be liked by everyone, but for these I was trying to emulate an effect that I love from a particular pair of my sunglasses.

1


2


3


4


5


6


7


8


Soaking pool:
9


10


11


12


At the hot springs. I didn't really love the color I was getting from this location, so I opted for a black and white conversion instead:
13






Jan 03, 2023 at 02:48 AM
charley5
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Desert Beauty


Some great shots here, Dan. I particularly like the black & white ones. He has a kind of timeless face, and an intensity, that works well in monochrome. He is also very good at subtle emoting, certainly better than some female models I have seen.

-Charles




Jan 03, 2023 at 08:26 AM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Desert Beauty


A great set of images Daniel. They are all really nice both in color and B&W. I am especially fond of #8, #10, & #12

Dave



Jan 03, 2023 at 02:20 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Desert Beauty


I agree that photos of men are not done enough, and aren't celebrated enough. As a dance photographer, 98% of my shoots are with girls or women. The few times I get to photograph boys or men, it's really a lot of fun -- and it's so different than photographing girls/women.

This is an exquisite set, possibly one of your best sets that I've seen from you. No. 12 is an absolute killer image! After that, I'd simply list all the others as great. Maybe No. 13 stands out as well, 4, 9, 11.... you see what I mean? Voted, but this was a no-brainer.



Jan 04, 2023 at 09:53 AM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Desert Beauty


Agree with everything Ron, Dave and Charley have said. Great set Daniel.


Jan 04, 2023 at 09:57 AM
Bill Gass
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Desert Beauty


Very nice work, pictures, light, poses.
I'm guessing he is already a model, if not, he could/should be.
Good ole Umpqua hot springs, never know who or what you will find there
Looks like the Painted hills in the background as well.



Jan 04, 2023 at 04:50 PM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Desert Beauty


Daniel,
This is an excellent set of images. However, I do have a favorite that just stands out to me - #12. Congrats on the super work.
Jim



Jan 05, 2023 at 08:54 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Desert Beauty


charley5 wrote:
Some great shots here, Dan. I particularly like the black & white ones. He has a kind of timeless face, and an intensity, that works well in monochrome. He is also very good at subtle emoting, certainly better than some female models I have seen.

-Charles


Thank you so much Charles. He's a fantastic model. We've done two shoots since this one and he never disappoints, although this is definitely my favorite shoot that he and I have done.



Jan 06, 2023 at 02:06 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Desert Beauty


Dave_E wrote:
A great set of images Daniel. They are all really nice both in color and B&W. I am especially fond of #8, #10, & #12

Dave


Thank you so much Dave.



Jan 06, 2023 at 02:06 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Desert Beauty


friscoron wrote:
I agree that photos of men are not done enough, and aren't celebrated enough. As a dance photographer, 98% of my shoots are with girls or women. The few times I get to photograph boys or men, it's really a lot of fun -- and it's so different than photographing girls/women.

This is an exquisite set, possibly one of your best sets that I've seen from you. No. 12 is an absolute killer image! After that, I'd simply list all the others as great. Maybe No. 13 stands out as well, 4, 9, 11.... you see what I mean? Voted, but
...Show more

Thank you so much Ron, and I couldn't agree more when it comes to men's photo shoots. They are honestly the type of shoot I do most often and in my opinion I produce my best work (or at least my favorite photos) when I have men in front of my camera for the sole purpose of showcasing their beauty, but I'm not always feeling secure enough to share them in forums like this. The response I'm getting to these photos is certainly helping me feel less insecure about that though.

It's funny that 12 always seems to be the viewer's favorite. Even outside of the forum that particular shot gets the most praise, but ironically it's my least favorite of them all.



Jan 06, 2023 at 02:11 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Desert Beauty


airfrogusmc wrote:
Agree with everything Ron, Dave and Charley have said. Great set Daniel.


Thank you so much.



Jan 06, 2023 at 02:11 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Desert Beauty


Bill Gass wrote:
Very nice work, pictures, light, poses.
I'm guessing he is already a model, if not, he could/should be.
Good ole Umpqua hot springs, never know who or what you will find there
Looks like the Painted hills in the background as well.


Thank you so much Bill. Yes, he's a very experienced model and actor. This is just one of a few collaborations that he and I have done, though this shoot is my favorite of them all.



Jan 06, 2023 at 02:12 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Desert Beauty


James Markus wrote:
Daniel,
This is an excellent set of images. However, I do have a favorite that just stands out to me - #12. Congrats on the super work.
Jim


Thank you James.



Jan 07, 2023 at 01:06 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Desert Beauty


I hope you do feel more secure about it. Guys should be on here just as much as women. And it is always funny about what our favorite pics are compared to the client, or others. That's what makes photography so subjective.

DanielScott wrote:
Thank you so much Ron, and I couldn't agree more when it comes to men's photo shoots. They are honestly the type of shoot I do most often and in my opinion I produce my best work (or at least my favorite photos) when I have men in front of my camera for the sole purpose of showcasing their beauty, but I'm not always feeling secure enough to share them in forums like this. The response I'm getting to these photos is certainly helping me feel less insecure about that though.

It's funny that 12 always seems to be the
...Show more




Jan 07, 2023 at 10:56 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Desert Beauty




friscoron wrote:
I hope you do feel more secure about it. Guys should be on here just as much as women. And it is always funny about what our favorite pics are compared to the client, or others. That's what makes photography so subjective.


Thanks Ron. I guess it depends on the day. Some days I donít care or think about what others will say, and some days I can be sensitive to it. I havenít experienced any negativity regarding my photos of men on this forum thankfully, but outside of this forum Iíve been called all sorts of names when sharing those photos. Even recently with a few selections from this set I was told that my work wasnít professional and that I could never be a professional photographer if this is the sort of work I create, though honestly that just made me laugh rather than feel insecure.



Jan 09, 2023 at 08:15 AM
Oscarsmadness
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Desert Beauty


12 needs to be on a GQ cover or something...
Any of these could be on a GQ cover honestly. All of them are so good!



Jan 09, 2023 at 02:20 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Desert Beauty


Oscarsmadness wrote:
12 needs to be on a GQ cover or something...
Any of these could be on a GQ cover honestly. All of them are so good!


Thank you! I'd love to see my work on a GQ cover one day.



Jan 11, 2023 at 03:00 PM
Al Trujillo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Desert Beauty


Nice, very nice!!


Jan 14, 2023 at 09:16 AM
neoshazam
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Desert Beauty


I like 4,5,10,13.

9-12 Looks like he could do a good Jason Mamoa Aquaman theme.



Jan 14, 2023 at 09:23 AM
CYT111
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Desert Beauty


DanielScott wrote:
My favorite type of photo shoot is men's beauty. This is what the majority of my work is, though I'm not always very comfortable sharing it in forums. It's a genre that in my opinion isn't as celebrated or appreciated as much as I personally think it should be, and I love it when I get the chance to photograph someone who is confident and also enthusiastic about creating the images I have in my mind. Kamyar really brought the right attitude to make this shoot work out, in my opinion. This was purely for collaboration, so there wasn't a
...Show more

Beautiful work Daniel!! Love the collaboration. Collaborating with others is my favorite way of working. A collaborative shoot often becomes so much greater than the original concept. Love the different environments and your sensitive presentation of your beautiful model. Nicely done.

Holly



Jan 14, 2023 at 10:49 AM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password