Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2022 · Beautiful woman in B&W

  
 
BokehBeauty
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Short before Covid19 I had the opportunity to short with this beautiful woman. While exploring my new printer, Epson P900, I redevelop some of her images in B&W.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Photography/Workshops-1/Marokko/i-s67xWc7/1/c64dfb3e/X3/DSC01010-X3.jpg



Dec 11, 2022 at 12:04 PM
douter
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Very nice Rainer, have you any more from this shoot/set?
Douglas



Dec 12, 2022 at 09:35 AM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Beautiful woman in B&W


You sure nailed the title for this image. Show us more.

Dave



Dec 12, 2022 at 04:12 PM
dalite
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Nice B&W values. But I think her left arm should not be raised as shown.


Dec 12, 2022 at 07:32 PM
davidchai
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Nice!


Dec 12, 2022 at 07:43 PM
BokehBeauty
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Thank you so much for your positive feedback!
The picture was spontaneous and unprepared during a workshop in Morocco. I took it in a tight walkway between two parts of a building, Sony A7RIII with Sony FE 85mm F1.4 @F4.0 without any additional light or reflector. I was caught by the strong contrast of the rough wooden door and her beautiful smooth face. Her name is Leela Tikadar. During editing I also noticed her dirty underarm from the red-brown bricks which adds perfectly for me. As the light didn't accentuate what I saw I gave up after this single picture on this location. I could only edit it to my taste now with the new LrC masks. Also only by printing I got a satisfying B&W edit, Fuji Acros Red profile. In general I consider printing a huge help for my editing.

Below the color version with Cobalt Canon profile, as I'm most of the time in conflict with Sony colors.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Workshop/Leela/i-hHsVcXc/3/e3f09913/X3/DSC01010-X3.jpg

Edited on Dec 13, 2022 at 10:24 AM · View previous versions



Dec 13, 2022 at 10:15 AM
BokehBeauty
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Beautiful woman in B&W


dalite wrote:
Nice B&W values. But I think her left arm should not be raised as shown.


You are right. My eyes were on the wooden door and her face
Where would you have asked her to put the arm?



Dec 13, 2022 at 10:24 AM
BokehBeauty
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Beautiful woman in B&W


douter wrote:
Very nice Rainer, have you any more from this shoot/set?
Douglas


Leela and Morocco did fit so well. Even my wife likes some pictures, first time ever with a model
https://photos.smugmug.com/Photography/Workshops-1/Marokko/i-TGGcNKv/5/0f27cf32/X3/DSC01103-X3.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Workshop/Leela/i-HdmCtRh/11/1be91a57/X3/DSC00803-X3.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Workshop/Leela/i-wMqZs6B/2/1ad0e197/X3/DSC00846-X3.jpg
The following picture I did already show on the Sony forum
https://photos.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Workshop/Leela/i-F5SXbZf/6/0140ae19/X3/DSC00970-X3.jpg

Edited on Dec 16, 2022 at 03:11 PM · View previous versions



Dec 13, 2022 at 10:41 AM
rntbot
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Very beautiful! I loved them all. Thanks for sharing.


Dec 15, 2022 at 06:37 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Beautiful woman in B&W


She is INDEED a lovely woman! Stunningly beautiful!
You did her proud in every manner of photography!
Dan



Dec 18, 2022 at 11:17 AM
BokehBeauty
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Danpbphoto wrote:
She is INDEED a lovely woman! Stunningly beautiful!
You did her proud in every manner of photography!
Dan


Dan, thank you so much for your kind words !!

You are a winner of many assignments and picture threads. Hence I'd like to ask you what are the rules for a picture thread to be open for voting? This thread was open for voting for some days, but now it's not anymore. Is it open for 7 days, and when is the assessment? Thank you for explaining me the rules.



Dec 18, 2022 at 02:08 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Beautiful woman in B&W


BokehBeauty wrote:
Dan, thank you so much for your kind words !!

You are a winner of many assignments and picture threads. Hence I'd like to ask you what are the rules for a picture thread to be open for voting? This thread was open for voting for some days, but now it's not anymore. Is it open for 7 days, and when is the assessment? Thank you for explaining me the rules.

Thanks for brining this up!
There is a problem!
I notified Fred of my WA Entry showing some conflicting data................Problem is that my "Adobe Photodownloader" is providing some different info to my images also.

12/23/2022.......Adobe CC uninstalled and reinstalled...AOK




Edited on Dec 23, 2022 at 10:25 AM · View previous versions



Dec 18, 2022 at 02:18 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Great work. If you did any post work, I might suggest removing the strands of hair across her forehead.


Dec 21, 2022 at 09:45 PM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Rainer,
The first two added grayscale images are wonderful.
Jim

PS...How did you get the Alhambra in Granada all to yourself?



Dec 22, 2022 at 08:44 AM
BokehBeauty
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Beautiful woman in B&W


DanielScott wrote:
Great work. If you did any post work, I might suggest removing the strands of hair across her forehead.


James Markus wrote:
Rainer,
The first two added grayscale images are wonderful.
Jim

PS...How did you get the Alhambra in Granada all to yourself?


Daniel, Jim, thank you very much, very encouraging! I got a sense for the nuances of B&W only by printing myself.

This is not the Alhambra. This is in the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, Kasbah du Glaoui - Ait Ourir.

I was two times in the Alhambra, I love the (Moz)Arabic art. I was never cool enough to take portraits in this splendid but crowded environment. I still plan to go to other Mozarabic sites in southern Spain and take portraits with a pleasant and beautiful local lady like hers ...
https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/TravelEurope/Spain/Granada/i-s5jdncL/1/63892ed5/X3/DSCF1348-X3.jpg



Dec 22, 2022 at 09:47 AM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Rainer,
I was commenting about your smugmug portfolio here...

https://bokehbeauty.smugmug.com/Travel/TravelEurope/Spain/Granada/

Isn't this the Alhambra? The image of the building & tree reflecting in the pool is great.

Jim



BokehBeauty wrote:
Daniel, Jim, thank you very much, very encouraging! I got a sense for the nuances of B&W only by printing myself.

This is not the Alhambra. This is in the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, Kasbah du Glaoui - Ait Ourir.

I was two times in the Alhambra, I love the (Moz)Arabic art. I was never cool enough to take portraits in this splendid but crowded environment. I still plan to go to other Mozarabic sites in southern Spain and take portraits with a pleasant and beautiful local lady like hers ...
https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/TravelEurope/Spain/Granada/i-s5jdncL/1/63892ed5/X3/DSCF1348-X3.jpg





Dec 22, 2022 at 10:24 AM
BokehBeauty
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Beautiful woman in B&W


James Markus wrote:
Rainer,
I was commenting about your smugmug portfolio here...

https://bokehbeauty.smugmug.com/Travel/TravelEurope/Spain/Granada/

Isn't this the Alhambra? The image of the building & tree reflecting in the pool is great.

Jim



Jim, sorry, I misunderstood, yes it is. The building & tree reflecting in the pool are located in the park next to the Alhambra Castle. I bought a ticket for one of the last entry slots in the evening and I did just wait.



Dec 22, 2022 at 04:25 PM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Beautiful woman in B&W


Beautiful portraits, every single one.

Marcelo



Dec 22, 2022 at 07:18 PM





FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.