New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

gordec
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

Congratulations to gordec for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 6 votes - View Previous Winners

We haven't visited downtown San Francisco since the pandemic started. We used to visit a few times a month. This past week with kids off from school, we decided to stay at PARC 55 in the heart of financial district which recently reopened. The degree of homelessness has definitely worsened compared to pre-Covid days. However, I was able to get my 6 year-old to post a few shots for me. If you look hard enough, you can still find the charm in this beautiful city. Both shot with M10 and 35 Lux.

Oct 09, 2022 at 06:43 PM
dblsplayer
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

Those are great.

Oct 10, 2022 at 01:52 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

Yes fine captures!
Well done!
Dan

Oct 11, 2022 at 10:26 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

I realy like #1.

Oct 11, 2022 at 10:52 AM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

Beautiful..!!

Oct 13, 2022 at 08:29 PM
solographik

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

gordec wrote:
We haven't visited downtown San Francisco since the pandemic started. We used to visit a few times a month. This past week with kids off from school, we decided to stay at PARC 55 in the heart of financial district which recently reopened. The degree of homelessness has definitely worsened compared to pre-Covid days. However, I was able to get my 6 year-old to post a few shots for me. If you look hard enough, you can still find the charm in this beautiful city. Both shot with M10 and 35 Lux.

Photos and text pull at my heart. I'm a bay area native (grew up in Fremont) but lived in SF for ~10 years prior to moving to NYC. I am loving my time out on the east coast but the stories of what the city is becoming always makes me feel a certain type of way. Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing.

Oct 14, 2022 at 09:34 AM
bcguy
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

That first one is really wonderful! Thanks for sharing the smile!

Oct 20, 2022 at 10:50 AM
srirachapapi

[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

Brilliant!

Oct 24, 2022 at 03:30 AM
ottokbre
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

I'm impressed by anyone that get sharp photos of kids with an M and a fast lens!. I tried very hard for a year!

I lived in SF for nearly ten years. I really hope they can find a solution to the homelessness and encampments. One that isnt purely carceral. Everyone there deserves a clean and dignified city life.

Oct 24, 2022 at 08:48 PM
chinchinxia

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · San Francisco Environmental Portraits

ottokbre wrote:
I'm impressed by anyone that get sharp photos of kids with an M and a fast lens!. I tried very hard for a year!

I lived in SF for nearly ten years. I really hope they can find a solution to the homelessness and encampments. One that isnt purely carceral. Everyone there deserves a clean and dignified city life.

Thankfully most of SF (Golden Gate Park, Presidio, etc) is still clean. The Tenderloin is basically just like how it was before the pandemic. It just went from 2 blocks to 10 blocks with extra tenderness that you will find and try to avoid on the sidewalk.

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:33 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.