Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              15              17              19       20       end

Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

zoomo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.16 #1 · p.16 #1 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

DavidBM wrote:
Yes and it works fine.

Thereís nothing about any particular lens line that affects whether Techart will work, I think provided

(1) the lens is light enough
(2) an adapter from that lens line to Leica M that fits is available.

There are particular lenses that donít do as well. I donít think we have a definitive explanation as to what that is. Leading hypotheses seem to be that extreme principal ray angle is an issue, or that lateral chromatic aberration affects focus. But there seem to be counterexamples to both of these.

I have a vague impression that on average lighter SLR lenses do
...Show more

Thanks for the info! Useful to know. I would use it for a 28mm f2, S-Planar 60mm f2.8 and 100mm f2.

May 28, 2023 at 09:13 AM
qqphot

Upload & Sell: On
p.16 #2 · p.16 #2 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I got a LM-EA9 yesterday after having used the previous incarnation of this adapter as well as the Fotodiox Pronto Mk.II (a knock off of the LM-EA7).

It does seem a lot more mechanically stable than the others, the multi-motor design seems like a win, so far at least.

It does mostly focus on the A7rV body, which I was concerned about. In AF-C mode it's actually pretty reliable with most of the lenses I've tried, as long as the focus point is near the center (which is expected, IMO). In AF-S I'd say it doesn't really work usefully. I get a 20-30% hit rate which varies wildly depending on light level, aperture, subject surface, etc.

The A7rV's subject identification and tracking works great but the actual result is only very accurate when the identified focus spot is near the center. Eye-AF works very well indeed, and a normally framed portrait type photo still puts the subject's head and eyes close enough to the center for it to focus accurately, so this is nice nd an improvement over these adapters on earlier AF adapters.

A bunch of LTM lenses with infinity lock buttons (50 Elmar, and the new 40/2.8 Voigtlander for instance) can't work on this adapter because the mechanism hits the adapter rim.

It's still not a thing you can just slap on and forget about, but in AF-C anyway I feel like it's at least usable for real photography rather than as a gimmick.

Jun 01, 2023 at 12:48 PM
Nisei

p.16 #3 · p.16 #3 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Finally decided to order one since it's discounted in the AliExpress sale. Really looking forward trying my collection of manual lenses with it.

Jun 17, 2023 at 03:27 PM
Justin0

p.16 #4 · p.16 #4 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

qqphot wrote:
Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I got a LM-EA9 yesterday after having used the previous incarnation of this adapter as well as the Fotodiox Pronto Mk.II (a knock off of the LM-EA7).

It does seem a lot more mechanically stable than the others, the multi-motor design seems like a win, so far at least.

It does mostly focus on the A7rV body, which I was concerned about. In AF-C mode it's actually pretty reliable with most of the lenses I've tried, as long as the focus point is near the center (which is expected, IMO). In AF-S I'd say
...Show more

That's good to hear. I've been thinking about getting this to use with my A7IV and I appreciate info like.

Jul 07, 2023 at 08:40 AM
spotter84

[X]
p.16 #5 · p.16 #5 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Hello guys. Has someone encountered non stop hunting issues after a period of non using the adapter (like 2-3 months)? My cameras are Sony A7C, A9 and A7RV.

Jul 16, 2023 at 06:04 AM
BastianK
• • •
p.16 #6 · p.16 #6 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

spotter84 wrote:
Hello guys. Has someone encountered non stop hunting issues after a period of non using the adapter (like 2-3 months)? My cameras are Sony A7C, A9 and A7RV.

I actually had the feeling it worked worse than before.
Will look into that.

Jul 16, 2023 at 06:19 AM
spotter84

[X]
p.16 #7 · p.16 #7 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

For me it seems like sudden mechanical issue. I haven't used lenses havier than 450g. Just once tried for few minutes 7Artisans 75 1.25.

Jul 16, 2023 at 06:44 AM
bemei

p.16 #8 · p.16 #8 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

I'd love to know if anyone has used this with the TTArtisan 50mm 1.4 ASPH and can report how well it works.

Jul 20, 2023 at 05:56 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.16 #9 · p.16 #9 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

spotter84 wrote:

---------------------------------------------

spotter84 wrote:
For me it seems like sudden mechanical issue. I haven't used lenses havier than 450g. Just once tried for few minutes 7Artisans 75 1.25.

Reset the adapter by taking a picture at F90.
After switched off/on the camera.

BTW, the F90 setting is not mentioned in the manual. If I remember correctly, F90 was the setting to update the firmware via bluetooth with the original TAP (LM-EA7). Apparently now it's a reset aperture setting.

If that does not work, downgrade the firmware to v1.5.0 and do the same "F90" procedure.

Let me know if it fixes it.

Jul 20, 2023 at 11:12 AM
spotter84

[X]
p.16 #10 · p.16 #10 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Hello Fred, unfortunately this type of reset didn't help. What was required for the very downgrade?

Jul 21, 2023 at 02:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.16 #11 · p.16 #11 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

spotter84 wrote:
Hello Fred, unfortunately this type of reset didn't help. What was required for the very downgrade?

If you download the TECHART_Update app, you can choose which firmware you want, including downgrading to 1.5. Try this and then reset using the F90 aperture again.

Jul 21, 2023 at 09:52 AM
spotter84

[X]
p.16 #12 · p.16 #12 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

After the downgrade to 1.50 and reset by shooting at F90 - the same behaviour

Jul 22, 2023 at 05:55 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.16 #13 · p.16 #13 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

spotter84 wrote:
After the downgrade to 1.50 and reset by shooting at F90 - the same behaviour

I'm sorry about that. I had a similar issue with mine but doing the reset worked for me.

Jul 22, 2023 at 05:59 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.16 #14 · p.16 #14 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Anyone else experiencing malfunction issues with the LM-EA9? Perhaps it's something that happen with the earlier batches?

Jul 29, 2023 at 10:33 PM
esanchez
• • • •
p.16 #15 · p.16 #15 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Mine works fine so far.

Jul 31, 2023 at 08:39 AM
lattesweden
• • •
p.16 #16 · p.16 #16 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

esanchez wrote:
Mine works fine so far.

Mine too.

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:32 AM
grahamgibson
• • • •
p.16 #17 · p.16 #17 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

lattesweden wrote:
Mine too.

Mine also.

Owned since Nov last yr.

Jul 31, 2023 at 06:05 PM
qqphot

p.16 #18 · p.16 #18 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Fwiw in case anyone finds this useful, among the other LTM lenses that physically don't fit on this adapter, the Voigtlšnder 50mm f/1.5 Nokton will not work because the mount base is slightly too wide to clear the M mount release button. Unfortunate, because it's very close. The VM version of the same lens does fit fine.

Aug 05, 2023 at 11:34 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.16 #19 · p.16 #19 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Fred Miranda wrote:
Anyone else experiencing malfunction issues with the LM-EA9? Perhaps it's something that happen with the earlier batches?

Mine is trouble free!

Aug 06, 2023 at 09:16 AM
spotter84

[X]
p.16 #20 · p.16 #20 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Mine is serial number: LM2022005791. Non stop hunting issues continue I wrote an e-mail to Techart.

Aug 07, 2023 at 05:05 AM
1       2       3              15              17              19       20       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.