New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

JohnSil
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

Bri had her own online gaming entourage. And though most of the shots we took were non-gaming she wanted to make sure we got at least couple she could use with her followers. Probably mostly young drooling boys!!!
John

1, Gamer Girl

2, Sophisticated Girl

3, Pretty Girl

4, Girl Next Door

Edited on Jun 18, 2022 at 04:05 PM · View previous versions

Jun 18, 2022 at 10:07 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

I envy you John, and others, the fact that you can interact and photograph these beautiful young women. And you have an artifact of that occasion.
Well done!
Dan

Jun 18, 2022 at 01:17 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

Curious as to your lighting, are you using strobe with modelling lights and if so what wattage?

Jun 18, 2022 at 03:39 PM
johnld
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

I like the color temp of the tight portrait.

Jun 21, 2022 at 09:07 AM
brad-man
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

Wonderful series John. I'm going to have to side with the gamers on this one, #1 is my favorite. As has been mentioned, excellent lighting.

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:59 AM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

Danpbphoto wrote:
I envy you John, and others, the fact that you can interact and photograph these beautiful young women. And you have an artifact of that occasion.
Well done!
Dan

Dan as always thanks so much for the interest. Interestingly there are the photographers who say they only shoot animals or landscape because they don't talk back!
When on locations I'm often asked how one gets a job like this. I always tell them that it's a dirty job and somebody has to do it and better me than you!!! LoL
Thanks, John

Jun 24, 2022 at 01:00 AM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

JBPhotog wrote:
Curious as to your lighting, are you using strobe with modelling lights and if so what wattage?

JB, some of these shoots are not easy shoots. Not because the shooting itself is difficult but because this is one that was done in a Motel 6, so makes for a pretty cramped and limited studio!!
Yes I did use monolights with modeling lights. I don't remember the power but I'd say 3 lights and maybe less than 200 ws since I usually shoot at f8, iso 100. I think I was already using my Photogenic's Powerlight 1500's at that time.
Thanks so much
John

Jun 24, 2022 at 01:13 AM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

johnld wrote:
I like the color temp of the tight portrait.

John thanks so much for looking and liking the light. It's always good to get some outside confirmation that something is working!! Thanks
John

Jun 24, 2022 at 01:15 AM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

brad-man wrote:
Wonderful series John. I'm going to have to side with the gamers on this one, #1 is my favorite. As has been mentioned, excellent lighting.

Brad thanks so much for the comment and thanks for reinforcing my choices in lighting. I kinda knew no matter WHAT I said, the gamer in everyone would eventually win out! LoL
Brad, Thanks
John

Jun 24, 2022 at 01:46 AM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

JohnSil wrote:
JB, some of these shoots are not easy shoots. Not because the shooting itself is difficult but because this is one that was done in a Motel 6, so makes for a pretty cramped and limited studio!!
Yes I did use monolights with modeling lights. I don't remember the power but I'd say 3 lights and maybe less than 200 ws since I usually shoot at f8, iso 100. I think I was already using my Photogenic's Powerlight 1500's at that time.
Thanks so much
John

Thanks. I was wondering since the size of her iris' are pretty big it must have been quite dark.

Jun 24, 2022 at 02:00 PM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

Jb, yes with strobes irises are usually big but in this case she's wearing contacts so I'm sure they aren't changing whether inside or outside. You can always tell because the colors are usually too vivid and the colors are too separated. not enough blending and too perfect too.
John

Jun 24, 2022 at 08:42 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

She has good rapport with the camera. I like this set. The first image could be titled "Pulp Fiction For The New Generation." Look out, Uma.

Jun 26, 2022 at 01:29 AM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Is She Your Typical Gamer Girl

GoodEgg wrote:
She has good rapport with the camera. I like this set. The first image could be titled "Pulp Fiction For The New Generation." Look out, Uma.

Yes Uma, for sure, look out!
Good, thanks so much for enjoying the set and for the comments.
Thanks, John

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:22 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.