Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6              8              17       18       end

61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

vdo1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Douglas L wrote:
The rumors of the Canon 100 MP body seems to be picking up steam again. Will be interesting to see what the next Sony higher resolution body will be.

:
Guess Canon will have to release the 120MP DSLR first:

https://www.canonrumors.com/canons-120mp-dslr-two-years-away/

Hyped since 2015 or so.......

Oct 12, 2022 at 04:59 PM
jeffbuzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

ruthenium wrote:
Agree, I don't use it, and there's no dust (at least visible dust) in my A1.

Seems to be some differences in the static charging among the various sensors. My a9M2 is a dust magnet. Leaving the shutter down helps immensely. The a7RM4 seems virtually immune to dust.

Oct 12, 2022 at 05:01 PM
mfenske
• •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Fred Miranda wrote:
New Sony A7R V rumor specs from SAR. It's not that different from the rumors we got back in May on this thread.

Same 61MP sensor because all the power goes to the new processor.
TOTALLY New Autofocus system with AI deep learning
8k 24p (cropped)
4k60p 4k24p (full read out)
S cinetone is available
8 stop IBIS (unclear yet if “native” or with “gyro data”)
Body looks like a mix between the Sony A7sIII and Sony A7IV.

This interests me as I do find myself missing the 42 MP of my A7Rii from time to time (though the A7iv is no slouch). High resolution and flippy screen? Sign me up!

Oct 12, 2022 at 05:26 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Wasn’t my experience at all. The R4 was one of the most perpetually dusty sensors I ever had. Only the R3 was worse.

jeffbuzz wrote:
Seems to be some differences in the static charging among the various sensors. My a9M2 is a dust magnet. Leaving the shutter down helps immensely. The a7RM4 seems virtually immune to dust.

Oct 12, 2022 at 06:42 PM
gocolts
• • • •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Speaking of dust...the A1 has the shutter that closes when the camera is off to mitigate the risk of sensor dust when changing lenses...I have to believe this would be a no-brainer feature to implement for the A7R5.

Oct 12, 2022 at 07:25 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Photorumors just posted this today:

Oct 12, 2022 at 07:51 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Fred Miranda wrote:
Photorumors just posted this today:

What is "Dual Drive shutter tech"?

Oct 12, 2022 at 08:14 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Marketing speak. The A1 has it.

“In addition to a carbon fiber shutter curtain, the Alpha 1 features the newly developed dual driven shutter system utilizing spring and electromagnetic drive actuator, offering high durability and lightness at the same time.”

chiron wrote:
What is "Dual Drive shutter tech"?

Oct 12, 2022 at 08:19 PM
dclark
• • • • •
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

It is looking more likely that this camera will be announced at Sony Creative Space 2022 October 27-28. I hope so.

Oct 12, 2022 at 10:14 PM
lattesweden
• • •
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

jeffbuzz wrote:

The A7IV (and A1) has ultrasonic cleaning which no other models have sofar. That can also be the difference.

Oct 13, 2022 at 01:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lattesweden
• • •
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

RoamingScott wrote:
Marketing speak. The A1 has it.

“In addition to a carbon fiber shutter curtain, the Alpha 1 features the newly developed dual driven shutter system utilizing spring and electromagnetic drive actuator, offering high durability and lightness at the same time.”

The A1 has an EFCS only shutter, meaning it only has a rear curtain mechanically, the first curtain is always electronic. If they put that shutter in the A7RV then it will likely also lack a mechanical first curtain.

Oct 13, 2022 at 01:55 PM
Fboss
• •
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

lattesweden wrote:
The A1 has an EFCS only shutter, meaning it only has a rear curtain mechanically, the first curtain is always electronic. If they put that shutter in the A7RV then it will likely also lack a mechanical first curtain.

Would be surprising if the A7RV only has EFCS and silent shutter. EFCS degrades the bokeh at fast shutter speeds. And silent requires a very fast sensor readout like on the A1 to avoid rolling shutter. If they achieve this, it's an instant pre-order from me.

Oct 13, 2022 at 02:39 PM
tuomkok
• • •
p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Fboss wrote:
Would be surprising if the A7RV only has EFCS and silent shutter. EFCS degrades the bokeh at fast shutter speeds. And silent requires a very fast sensor readout like on the A1 to avoid rolling shutter. If they achieve this, it's an instant pre-order from me.

Do not hold you breath while waiting. Sony will not place A7r5 too much into A1 territory.

Oct 13, 2022 at 02:56 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Fboss wrote:

As someone mentioned earlier, a "doubling" of the sensor read speed (as mentioned in the leaked specs) would still put it waaay behind the A1 and A9, so don't hold your breath. Mechanical shutter will probably still be essential.

I'm wondering what else they've improved with the sensor. If the MP count stays the same and read speed remains relatively slow, then something else must have been improved. DR? Noise? An "Overwhelming sense of reality" could mean many things

Oct 13, 2022 at 03:35 PM
seaSharp

p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

wordfool wrote:
As someone mentioned earlier, a "doubling" of the sensor read speed (as mentioned in the leaked specs) would still put it waaay behind the A1 and A9, so don't hold your breath. Mechanical shutter will probably still be essential.

I'm wondering what else they've improved with the sensor. If the MP count stays the same and read speed remains relatively slow, then something else must have been improved. DR? Noise? An "Overwhelming sense of reality" could mean many things

How about much better IBIS and a better EVF leading to a better experience while looking at things with the camera (esp with a long lens attached)? This is frankly the weakest link for me in Sony FF when I'm using it for wildlife or sports. I can compensate for weaker AF with technique (birding even with an A7R3 can be pretty productive) but with a 200-600 and any FF alpha (and no monopod or whatever) the image is never that great through the EVF. I still end up shooting m4/3rds (esp in brighter conditions) just due to how much more fun it is to watch birds through a steady EVF. Especially with the A1 it's an unfortunate drawback.

I can't imagine why they'd debut such a feature on an 7R series camera, but if they did for some reason I'd definitely buy one : )

Oct 13, 2022 at 04:52 PM
aCuria
• • •
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

vdo1 wrote:
:
Guess Canon will have to release the 120MP DSLR first:

https://www.canonrumors.com/canons-120mp-dslr-two-years-away/

Hyped since 2015 or so.......

It will be more or less useless, the lenses on the market are unable to deliver this level of resolution to the sensor

You have to make the sensor bigger or make better lenses

Oct 14, 2022 at 04:20 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

wordfool wrote:

This is the issue for me is the sensor speed as im not sure we will see anything better than the A1 at the moment and yes it has 11mpx more to work with but even that is not earth shattering. Than the other thing I noticed is the AF speed on this new tech if its anywhere near the A1 than its a wash really. What's missing and maybe its not is mechanical sync speed, the LED electronic shutter tech and a few other things the A1 just screams Pro level camera. From a Pro seat and not just me but that extra tech in the A1 is downright essential. The other is we still need a mechanical shutter for certain types of photography (FLASH). Video for me at least is a non starter so never pay much attention to it even though it does add some deep tech to the bodies. Have to see what this thing is capable of than what's been reported or rumored as at the moment not turning my head. But lets see what inside. We all know Sony will throw something in it that is the eye catcher

Oct 14, 2022 at 06:01 AM
Daran
• • •
p.7 #18 · p.7 #18 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

aCuria wrote:
It will be more or less useless, the lenses on the market are unable to deliver this level of resolution to the sensor

Not sure that is entirely true. E.g. the 136GM still shows significant moire at 60MP, so is somewhat under-sampled. And 120MP is "only" a 41% higher linear resolution.

You have to make the sensor bigger or make better lenses
AFAIK the limiting factor for diffraction are lens diameter and wavelength, the latter being fixed for visible light. Finite lens precision may be worse than that, but the best lenses seem to be very close. The sensor size doesn't factor into either. Ignoring mechanics and pixel sizes, equivalent lenses on APSC, FF or medium format should all show similarly strong diffraction.

Oct 14, 2022 at 08:54 AM
tsdevine
• • • • •
p.7 #19 · p.7 #19 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

I thought the size of the pixel also plays a part in the effective results. Not that it causes diffraction, but it affects the results of the captured image.

Daran wrote:
Not sure that is entirely true. E.g. the 136GM still shows significant moire at 60MP, so is somewhat under-sampled. And 120MP is "only" a 41% higher linear resolution.

AFAIK the limiting factor for diffraction are lens diameter and wavelength, the latter being fixed for visible light. Finite lens precision may be worse than that, but the best lenses seem to be very close. The sensor size doesn't factor into either. Ignoring mechanics and pixel sizes, equivalent lenses on APSC, FF or medium format should all show similarly strong diffraction.

Oct 14, 2022 at 09:20 AM
aCuria
• • •
p.7 #20 · p.7 #20 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Daran wrote:

The 135GM resolves at ~60% contrast at 100lp/mm in the center (a7iv sensor = 100lp/mm max). At 100lp/mm the corner contrast has already gone to shit

Linearly interpolating the graph, the lens can maybe do 35% contrast at 160 lp/mm in the center... This isnt good enough when your sensor is 160lp/mm.

It is true that to get 100% of the resolution out of a lens, you need an infinite resolution sensor due to the transfer function losses.... But in practice you really cant see a difference after a point.

Even comparing the Riv against the 7iv there is already serious diminishing returns. You dont get anywhere near 30% more linear resolution which the pixel count would suggest, and at higher isos the resolution advantage is even more fleeting.

The 135GM is also our best case scenario, for other lenses the situation is just worse, probably not even 50% contrast at 100 lp/mm.

At a certain point medium format digital is the correct choice - Fuji, phase one or Hasselblad H. With a 53.4 * 40mm sensor, you can match 160 lp/mm on FF with 108lp/mm on MF. This is less than the Riv pixel density (130lp/mm)

I for one would like to see some circular or 43x43mm+ curved sensors on a Sony R series body, since to cover 35mm a lens needs a 43mm image circle or larger.

Sony did file a curved sensor patent, and using more of the lens image circle for different aspect ratios like 4:3 and square formats is going to be a win. 3:2 portrait can also be shot without rotating the camera, and the sensor area for 16:9 will also increase.

Oct 14, 2022 at 12:27 PM
1       2       3              6              8              17       18       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.