New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Photomechanic Plus

pjheller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photomechanic Plus

There was a brief discussion on FM when Camera Bits first announced Photomechanic Plus.

Now that it's been out for some time, just wondering what the opinion is; I'm considering upgrading to it from PM6 (I'm a longtime PM user).

Thanks.

Feb 04, 2022 at 07:01 PM
RichardBledsoe

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photomechanic Plus

I bought the upgrade several months ago and find it to be very fast and powerful. I am also a long time Photo Mechanic user and the plus version is as professional as the original. Why not contact Camera Bits and request a 30 day trial? That would answer any questions you may have. Asking forum members for opinions is a mixed bag (in my opinion).

Feb 04, 2022 at 07:44 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photomechanic Plus

I use PM constantly. Shooting on the field with deadlines demands what PM offers. However the 'Plus' version does not provide (for me) any additional advantage so I've skipped it.

Feb 05, 2022 at 09:05 AM
Trey Neal
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photomechanic Plus

I kept my image catalog in PhaseOne Media Pro for years as I really liked that I could organize my physical files however I wanted but still search by keyword, camera model, lens - basically any sort of metadata I wanted without having to search across directories or different drives. It handled all of that as long as I was disciplined on keywording my ingests. When Media Pro was killed I kept limping it along until my OS would no longer support it and was looking at all sorts of DAM software. PhotoMechanic was just working on the release of the Plus version and as I had already been a long time user of PM for ingesting and reviewing images I gave it a try. It was the first thing that came close to replicating the usability of Media Pro. They continue to make improvements and I find it to be an excellent DAM tool for my needs.

Feb 07, 2022 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.