Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · #1005 Hitting the Apex

MattMagd
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #1005 Hitting the Apex

Taken of my friend doing what he loves, hitting corners going fast in his drift car.

Shot with a Leica M240 with a 90mm Elmarit-M.

Jan 06, 2022 at 06:48 PM
gt_me_jon
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #1005 Hitting the Apex

Great shot! I'm curious if you had any more with slightly slower shutter speed and some motion blur. I always love these kinds of photos. Good luck this week!

Jan 06, 2022 at 08:52 PM
MattMagd
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #1005 Hitting the Apex

This was my first time shooting drift cars, after the day ended I realized I needed to be shooting at slower shutter speeds to make the cars feel like they had more speed with motion blur. I found that it's really easy to make a car flying at 75 mph look dead stopped. A lesson learned for the next time I'm out shooting moving cars.

-Matthew

Jan 07, 2022 at 09:48 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #1005 Hitting the Apex

MattMagd wrote:
This was my first time shooting drift cars, after the day ended I realized I needed to be shooting at slower shutter speeds to make the cars feel like they had more speed with motion blur. I found that it's really easy to make a car flying at 75 mph look dead stopped. A lesson learned for the next time I'm out shooting moving cars.

-Matthew

Sounds like fun.

Jan 10, 2022 at 11:34 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.